For tournament announcements and updates.
Post a reply

[Round 1] 4v4 tournament.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:29 pm

In my mind three forum organized games at once are not enough (my normal tournament, ESG6, and the olympics) i am going to host another.

It's your basic 4v4 tournament. Find your own team of 4 players, post below; and I figure out all the boring logistical parts. I'm hoping for four teams, 16 players, so we can have a decent bracket going.

Each team needs a Captian to do the official captainy things like IDK knitting?

Because I know ALL of you (nobody) wants to play with me, I decided to play with three subterfuge friends that none of you know because they are scared of us forums aliens.

Requirements:

1) At least one of your players should be a forum "regular"
2) Try not to make stacked teams, I know it doesn't matter, but steamrolling is a lot less fun than a really close, competitive game.
3) Your team needs a funny name or it will not be included in the tournament.
4) Have fun

Standings:
Tactical Genuis 2-0
Team name pending. 1-1
Anti mod union 0-2
Infiltrator OP 1-0
To the tree 0-1 [Resigned]

Re: [Create your teams] 4v4 tournament.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Here are the teams:

Infiltrator is OP

Nojo34
Mattjair
GuardenGnome
Dcole83

[Team name pending]

Bangerz
Radio
JD
Dannyb2325

Anti mod Union

TW
Genos
Solomonyeung
K003

To The Tree! [Resigned]

MathWhiz9
Sillabye
Kitkat221305
telemitry

Tactical genius

mm1menace
silverberg
kspace
Niverio

Roster for players not currently on a team but want to play. Feel free to recruit these people

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Great idea!!

I'm reserving this post for my team :)

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:50 pm

bangerz wrote:Great idea!!

I'm reserving this post for my team :)

I'm guessing you are going to employ the "R" mercenaries to play with you? And maybe JD?

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:13 pm

So yeah I signed up to play with Nojo despite what can only be described as a "chequered" past in our team games. I think he'll get mad if I talk about it which probably isn't how our team should get started...

Is his recruitment strategy to pick randoms because he's basically exhausted every other forum user? It's ok, you can tell the truth.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:18 pm

mattjair wrote:Is his recruitment strategy to pick randoms because he's basically exhausted every other forum user? It's ok, you can tell the truth.

No..........

I just wanted to play with you guys again because we got Brutally murdered our last game. I had been thinking about a team tourney for a while so I decided to combine my great ideas. Also, I didn't want people tearing there hair out trying to pick me first.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:27 pm

This is, of course, very similar to the Captain vs. Captain ESG06 game about to start.

But that's awesome, because it sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm in to join a team! Who wants me?

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:35 pm

mm1menace wrote:This is, of course, very similar to the Captain vs. Captain ESG06 game about to start.

Yeah, I realize that.

The ESG games tend to be more laid back and a time to chill with friends. I'm hoping the tournament has a more competitive vibe.
If you guys want I can start this AFTER ESG6 which will either take a week to finish, or a month. But personally id like to start this once we get enough teams.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:46 pm

I'm in with my team :P
I'll post them later

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Bangerz and TW's teams have been added.
I made a section is a roster for plaiers not currently on a team but want to play.
Post a reply