Paid Tournament. Ron and Noel want your opinion!!

For tournament announcements and updates.

How many of you would pay to join a tournament

Yes for $0.99
49%
Yes for more then $0.99
9%
Yes, but I don't have the money
20%
No
22%

Total votes : 45

• Disclaimer, to our knowlege this WILL NOT be a reality, but is still fun to theorize about.

As you all I have been asking the devs for a Tournament section. He said that "I don't think it would be problem" so I'm hoping we have one within the week.

Ron also asked me how many people join free tournaments. I estimated 10-30 people. He asked because Ron might implimemt a tournament you have to pay $0.99 to enter. If enough people say they would join, there is a good chance that it would be created. I suggested that first, second, and third would get medals.

My question is: How many of you would pay $0.99 to enter a dev hosted tournament?
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• At least one to see what it was like.
    bangerz

• Wow! this is conflicting even for me. I probably wouldn't simply because you'd still probably be playing similar people as you would in a regular game. Unless there were ranked ones in which case I couldn't because I'm L1. Although I definitely encourage Ron and Noel to make more lucrative features for L2. All it takes is one awesome feature and you can bet I'll get L2.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• I wouldn't. Although I do agree that the deva should make more money for the masterpiece they have made, I don't think this is the right way to go. At the absolute most, I believe they should go as a benefit of buying L2.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• aclonicy wrote:Wow! this is conflicting even for me. I probably wouldn't simply because you'd still probably be playing similar people as you would in a regular game. Unless there were ranked ones in which case I couldn't because I'm L1. Although I definitely encourage Ron and Noel to make more lucrative features for L2. All it takes is one awesome feature and you can bet I'll get L2.

Aclonicy makes a great point here.

One extra, good feature is what would get some of us, who aren't over the line just yet get there.

(I'm l2 btw, but it took me six months to finally convince myself)

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• nojo34 wrote:As you all I have been asking the devs for a Tournament section. He said that "I don't think it would be problem" so I'm hoping we have one within the week.

Ron also asked me how many people join free tournaments. I estimated 10-30 people. He asked because Ron might implimemt a tournament you have to pay $0.99 to enter. If enough people say they would join, there is a good chance that it would be created. I suggested that first, second, and third would get medals.

My question is: How many of you would pay $0.99 to enter a dev hosted tournament?

What is your opinion on the matter? Or are you forced to keep neutral for the sake of moderating?

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• nojo34 wrote:My question is: How many of you would pay $0.99 to enter a dev hosted tournament?

Since I can only submit one vote, I selected yes - I would pay $0.99 to enter a hosted tournament.
    I would also pay more, depending on what might be included.

I would expect that, for more or for $0.99, the tournaments would be organized and run fairly, efficiently, and effectively, if I am going to pay.

If in these tournaments, you got a different medal for winning, like a "Champion" medal, I would pay more.
    It would be even better if the medals were specific to the tournament; If the tournament was named "Devs Annual May Day Tourney" for example, and you got a "Devs Annual May Day Tourney Champ" medal, that would be awesome.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

• juanma206 wrote:
    nojo34 wrote:As you all I have been asking the devs for a Tournament section. He said that "I don't think it would be problem" so I'm hoping we have one within the week.

What is your opinion on the matter? Or are you forced to keep neutral for the sake of moderating?
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• juanma206 wrote:What is your opinion on the matter? Or are you forced to keep neutral for the sake of moderating?

I am %100 for this idea.
    nojo34

• I would pay to join tournaments.

Like if there was a Jan tournament, then a Feb one.

Would also be neat if you could mine for neptunium in ranked games and then 1000 neptunium could buy you a seat as well.
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

Next

Return to Tournaments

Information