Paid Tournament. Ron and Noel want your opinion!!

For tournament announcements and updates.

How many of you would pay to join a tournament

Yes for $0.99
49%
Yes for more then $0.99
9%
Yes, but I don't have the money
20%
No
22%

Total votes : 45

• Braxo wrote:Would also be neat if you could mine for neptunium in ranked games and then 1000 neptunium could buy you a seat as well.

110% up for this idea.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• Braxo wrote:Would also be neat if you could mine for neptunium in ranked games and then 1000 neptunium could buy you a seat as well.

Or if you place top 5, three times you get a free entry
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• nojo34 wrote:Or if you place top 5, three times you get a free entry
    Braxo wrote:Would also be neat if you could mine for neptunium in ranked games and then 1000 neptunium could buy you a seat as well.

Would these ideas not make the whole "paying to enter" useless?
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

• Braxo wrote:Like if there was a Jan tournament, then a Feb one.

Great idea. Host a monthly tournament. Then have special event tournaments, like for holidays or seasons or whatever.

Then you could also have a "Champion's Tournament," where the only ones eligible are previous champions.

Braxo wrote:Would also be neat if you could mine for neptunium in ranked games and then 1000 neptunium could buy you a seat as well.

This is also a wonderful idea. You can earn seats from ranked games, or pay. This would almost guarantee that more people would pay for L2, in order to have the chance to play in to tournaments.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

• mathwhiz9 wrote:

Not necessarily, because it would require L2 to play in the ranked games. I think it would stimulate more L2 purchases. And $10 is better than $0.99!
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

• mm1menace wrote:
    mathwhiz9 wrote:

Not necessarily, because it would require L2 to play in the ranked games. I think it would stimulate more L2 purchases. And $10 is better than $0.99!

What is the main purpose of the tournament. Is it supposed to be more competitive? To make more money? Just for kicks? If it's for the competition, then Braxo and Nojo's ideas would be good. If it's to make more money for the mods, then implementing these would start to have less people buying in and getting their seat through those methods
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

• What is the main purpose of the tournament.

I like multi-round tournaments because it's not about fighting for that gold medal. It allows for different strategies and for strategies to change in order to make the cut to the next round.

And if you backstabbed your way to the next round, you'll be playing with people that knew how you acted.
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

• juanma206 wrote:

110% up for this idea.

I wrote a bit more about it here, when the devs were discussing the pricing of the game.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=245&p=1003#p1003
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

• Yeah I would love it .
    I mean for many people is time consuming to get some rating , this way they can actually find their true place and also be respected for it . I remmber when My rating was 1160 or so , I was like a doom , and a shame for any alliance in any rated games .
    This might balance people stats too .
    Now imagine the gold medalee(made up word) can have a "black color" in all of his/her games for a month . That would be awesome. Like you can have 3 tournoments and unlock 10 color for only 10 people . The colors cant be bought but the ticket can be bought .
    He was a fine player :D
    RIP rooz!

(Im alive , just stopped playing !)
    roozbeh

• Yeah. I'm in. Although I'd love a balance update beforehand.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments

Information