Paid Tournament. Ron and Noel want your opinion!!

For tournament announcements and updates.

How many of you would pay to join a tournament

Yes for $0.99
49%
Yes for more then $0.99
9%
Yes, but I don't have the money
20%
No
22%

Total votes : 45

• topkilla wrote:Yeah. I'm in. Although I'd love a balance update beforehand.

Oh god. I forbid TW from responding to this. Please don't invade every topic with your arguments, As great as they are.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• nojo34 wrote:
    topkilla wrote:Yeah. I'm in. Although I'd love a balance update beforehand.

Oh god. I forbid TW from responding to this. Please don't invade every topic with your arguments, As great as they are.

:lol: :lol:
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• nojo34 wrote:

but he's not TW you sightless Mod, he's TK the Fruitless Instigator!
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

• silverberg wrote:
    nojo34 wrote:

but he's not TW you sightless Mod, he's TK the Fruitless Instigator!

I know he's TK, but him and TW are a into a debate in another thread.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• I love the ideas of dev made tournaments, but if I'm going to pay for it, I want it to be better organized than the ones on the forum (no offence guys). You should be able to join it from within the app, and upon signing up, it will add you to a list of participants. When the tournament is set to start, it should automatically create all the games needed and add the players to them. This way there will be no waiting around for no shows, and everyone will have seen the board for the same amount of time. It also prevents anyone from being the last one to join the game and finding out that they're already the main target.

As a side note, I think it would be really exciting to see a countdown on the main page of the app that looks something like

NEXT TOURNAMENT STARTS IN
    00:17:23:11
    JOIN NOW!

With like, some fancy design around it.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

• Those are some good points V3XT. The tournaments should be organized extremely efficiently so there isn't much waiting around. A tournament could start after a certain amount of time and auto-match each participant and create a bracket based on how many join into a game. That way waiting around wouldn't be an issue. It would also fix the problem of having to guess how many people would join a tournament because it could just set the amount at a certain time. Alternatively, it could be done like games are done now and start after a certain number of players join. I freaked out when I saw this almost at the wonder of how cool it may be.

And a word to the devs. If this system is done really well and made super conducive to competition I would definitely join at least a few of them.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• v3xt wrote:I love the ideas of dev made tournaments, but if I'm going to pay for it, I want it to be better organized than the ones on the forum (no offence guys). You should be able to join it from within the app, and upon signing up, it will add you to a list of participants. When the tournament is set to start, it should automatically create all the games needed and add the players to them. This way there will be no waiting around for no shows, and everyone will have seen the board for the same amount of time. It also prevents anyone from being the last one to join the game and finding out that they're already the main target.

As a side note, I think it would be really exciting to see a countdown on the main page of the app that looks something like

00:17:34:11
    JOIN NOW!

Yeah, I was thinking of something like this. If you could join the tournament from the app so many more people would join. Possibly 3 or 4 more times the players means more revenue.
    nojo34

• v3xt wrote:You should be able to join it from within the app

00:17:23:11
    JOIN NOW!

^^^^^ SO much this.

Using the game app to sign up, and using the app to advertise the tournaments would absolutely be a better, and more lucrative, system.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

• Oh wow this seems pretty cool. In 'Online play', there needs to be a fourth tab: "Tournaments". I bet you if you put that 4th tab in there with a '1' notification sign around it almost everyone would realise, and probably join as well. Also, I think that if the Devs really wanted to go down this path, they could implement some code to alter games slightly which would otherwise be impossible with just ESG rules, such as synchronised hires (which would be a great game creation option as well, btw).

Responding to mm1menace (I think), I agree to the fact that they should be extremely efficient and fair to play in. I'm going to suggest symmetrical/grid-formation outposts and synchronised hires. In fact, if they implement L2 options to include these settings on game creation, I'm getting L2. It's literally the only two things which can influence a 2v2 so that the results aren't always what the should be.
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

• I would happily pay for tournaments. :D
    emissary

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments

Information