[Game Idea] Community Subterfuge

For tournament announcements and updates.
Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:44 am

• This may end up being a really bad idea. But here's a game idea:

Since I've made so many alt accounts, this shouldn't be too hard to do. I make an account, share the account and password with everyone on the forums (or certain people). Then, we get the account into a new game. And anyone who wants to log into the game is allowed to log into my account and play.

Or, an alternate idea, each day I tell one person the password, and change it the next day and tell someone the new password. When you get the new password, you aren't allowed to read any messages that happened in the past. Of course, this idea would rely on the fact that nobody does anything really stupid. But yeah. That's my idea.
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:35 am

• Is be open to the first idea, sounds amazing.
    I think somebody (I could) make a new account named: Subterfuge Forum Players. Or same thing like that.
    nojo34

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:46 am

• nojo34 wrote:I think somebody (I could) make a new account named: Subterfuge Forum Players.

That would give us away though. You dont want other poeple to know about it

mathwhiz9

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:48 am

• mathwhiz9 wrote:
    nojo34 wrote:I think somebody (I could) make a new account named: Subterfuge Forum Players.

But how many people in public games actually check the forums? I know there are a few "ghosts" but if we join a l1 game nobody will know.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 am

• I would like to point something out, the game that the forum account joins, nobody else from the forums should join. I (and i think this was maths original idea) is to see how an account managed by multiple people would do.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:50 am

• You know, I tried a similar thing once before. Gave away my account to a friend of mine for him to do the talking. Oh my, wasn't that a horror movie.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:58 am

• niverio wrote:You know, I tried a similar thing once before. Gave away my account to a friend of mine for him to do the talking. Oh my, wasn't that a horror movie.

Well this could be countered in a few ways.

1) Math should only give the account to trusted people.
    2) We should not give assigned days, but anyone can play whenever. Doing this would hopefully make the tile online more "normal.
    3) I'm not sure what math was thinking when he said
    Mathwhiz9 wrote: When you get the new password, you aren't allowed to read any messages that happened in the past. Of course, this idea would rely on the fact that nobody does anything really stupid.

I just think not being able to read past messages is a horrible idea. What happens when it's day four and a new person logs in. They don't know who the allies are so he accidentally backstabs a allies exposed border.
    nojo34

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:00 am

• nojo34 wrote:
    Mathwhiz9 wrote: When you get the new password, you aren't allowed to read any messages that happened in the past. Of course, this idea would rely on the fact that nobody does anything really stupid.

I just think not being able to read past messages is a horrible idea. What happens when it's day four and a new person logs in. They don't know who the allies are so he accidentally backstabs a allies exposed border.

Yeah, probably wasn't a good idea there. That was for if one person played per day. And yeah, i guess we should allow to read previous messages.

nojo34 wrote:
    mathwhiz9 wrote:
    nojo34 wrote:I think somebody (I could) make a new account named: Subterfuge Forum Players.

But how many people in public games actually check the forums? I know there are a few "ghosts" but if we join a l1 game nobody will know.

I only wanted a normal name as to try and not tip off that we're doing this. If you call the account "SubterfugeForumRegulars", it's very suspicious

mathwhiz9

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:04 am

• SubterfugeForumRegulars is too long. I made an account called SubterForumRegulars
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:10 am

• juanma206 wrote:SubterfugeForumRegulars is too long. I made an account called SubterForumRegulars

Like I said before. I dont want a name like that

mathwhiz9

Next

Return to Tournaments

Information