Paid tournament update.

For tournament announcements and updates.
Sun May 01, 2016 7:05 pm

• So remember all the hype about a paid tournament system a few weeks back? I've sent follow up email to Ron and Noel with our ideas on the topic and a few monetization ideas. Here's an abridged version of what I said:

Ron, you asked me how many people would pay to enter a tournament. I asked the people on the forums and some interesting data emerged. Keep in mind this is only players who regularly check the forums who vote, the real numbers would be much higher

11 people said they would join for $0.99.
    6 said they would, but didn't have the money
    Only 2 people said they wouldn't join.
    Nobody said they would play for more than $0.99

Here are our ideas.

1) Make it a tab on the main menu. Similar to the "Online Play" and "Tactical Puzzles".

2) Give medals to winner.

3) Make it anonymous mode, but reveal identities at the end. Also, people would love it if this was implemented into normal anonymous mode.

4) Make the tournaments monthly.

5) Allow a way to get in free once. Give players a taste of the tournament for free, and they are more likely to pay.

6) Even though this directly about the tournament, some people would like more to come with L2.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sun May 01, 2016 7:06 pm

• Most people actually said they wanted identified games.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Sun May 01, 2016 7:08 pm

• juanma206 wrote:Most people actually said they wanted identified games.

Oh really? Thanks for notifying me of this. Better send another email to clear this up.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sun May 01, 2016 7:09 pm

• Check out the thread by Janitor that says "Paid tournament standard something" in the tournament forum

By the way I luv you bae.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Sun May 01, 2016 7:10 pm

• juanma206 wrote:Check out the thread by Janitor that says "Paid tournament standard something" in the tournament forum

By the way I luv you bae.

Yah. I included the link to a few threads about the paid tournament and monetization ideas.
    nojo34

Return to Tournaments

Information