[Test phase] Factions

For tournament announcements and updates.
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 pm

• Hello, Elder Pandasecret here, reviving an old idea of factions/clans (inspired by a recent post on General).
    Purpose of a faction: Group of players who want to distinguish themselves from the rest or other groups of players, by play style, community, ideology, or other binding factor.
    Use of a faction: develop team spirit within the game, and through closer communication, better team synergy.
    Implementation: Since there is no in-game tags or physical change that can be made, factions will be forum based. Temporary examples of this include: ESG 06 teams, mods vs comrades, etc.
    Note that being in a factions does not mean always having to ally with them or always fighting them - it should only encourage team spirit. It would also a good idea for clans to "adopt" newer players to try and get them into the game.
    Can be probably integrated with tournaments somehow.

Current idea between mathwhiz9, nojo34, and I is to set up a separate forum just for faction activity (such as determining who's the leader, and making evil schemes) while the current forums will be used to notify the factions of events, games, tourneys, etc.

No faction may have the same color as another, and it is advised that faction members put their Faction name and position in their forum signature.

For sake of consistency among factions, here is a recommended hierarchy:
    Fleet Admiral [FADM]: Select individuals who can disband a faction if deemed inappropriate, and regulate the faction forums.
    Admiral [ADM] (leader of faction, can promote or demote anyone to any rank, can override votes, can declare war/peace on another faction, must have a Captain, +Captain abilities)
    Captain [CPT] (adviser to Admiral, kick all except Leader, promote/demote any player up to Commander, can assume position of Admiral if Admiral absent for one week+ Commander abilities)
    Commander [CDR] (able to demote Lieutenants, promote/demote any player up to Lieutenant, + Lieutenant abilities)
    Lieutenant [LT] (Set up polls, invite new players, + Ensign abilities)
    Ensign [ENS] (basic member, can make posts, voting right if allowed by leader, can leave faction)
    Recruit [RC] (in trial before becoming accepted as Ensign, can only comment)

Current Fleet Admirals (chosen for now to help set up Factions):
    Pandasecret
    Nojo34
    Mathwhiz9
    Last edited by pandasecret on Tue May 10, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Mon May 09, 2016 2:44 pm

• Space reserved for future faction listings. Name, tag, color, members, forum page link, and motto are required. A one-line message can be attached.
    If you wish to make a faction, please send me a PM with the above details.
    Refer to http://subterfuge-factions.forummotion.com/ to create a page for your clan (thanks mathwhiz9!)
    Established:
    Benthic Fleet {BF}
    "Into the depths of the sea" (http://subterfuge-factions.forummotion. ... thic-fleet)
    [ADM] Pandasecret
    *Send me a PM if you want to join! Benthic Fleet's objective is to foster a healthy and friendly community to new players, increasing the player base*

NoJD Labs {NJL}
    " As scientists we apply two things- Truth and Sincerity. We apply these to ourselves and our Fellow Scientists. " (http://subterfuge-factions.forummotion. ... no-jd-labs)
    [ADM] Nojo34, [CPT] JanitorialDuties
    *TESTING AND APPLYING STRATS AND HACKS CIRCA 2016*

Highrollers {HRL}
    "Elites only" (http://subterfuge-factions.forummotion. ... gh-rollers)
    [ADM] Mathwhiz9, [ENS]TW2000, [ENS]Topkilla
    *Only if you have above 500 posts you may join; if not, PM mathwhiz9 for arrangements*
    Last edited by pandasecret on Thu May 12, 2016 7:01 am, edited 10 times in total.
    pandasecret

Mon May 09, 2016 2:55 pm

• Hey panda, if you want any help organizing this I can help (Math also said he wanted to).
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Mon May 09, 2016 3:16 pm

• Here's my idea:

We finally make a new forum, and have it as factions there. I've been in another forum recently, and one cool thing I found was the Guild Cup. Basically, you can earn points for your guild, and they go to the guild cup. There is no prize for winning though. I think we may be able to find a prize to give, be it changing the other forums colours to that guild, or something along those lines. I can easily set up a forum, if that's what we want
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Mon May 09, 2016 3:21 pm

• mathwhiz9 wrote:Here's my idea:

We finally make a new forum, and have it as factions there. I've been in another forum recently, and one cool thing I found was the Guild Cup. Basically, you can earn points for your guild, and they go to the guild cup. There is no prize for winning though. I think we may be able to find a prize to give, be it changing the other forums colours to that guild, or something along those lines. I can easily set up a forum, if that's what we want

I'm not a huge fan of the new forum idea, but if we are going to make factions the OG forums are not a ideal location. We could have these forums here for everything normal, and a separate website for the factions.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Mon May 09, 2016 3:26 pm

• nojo34 wrote:
    mathwhiz9 wrote:Here's my idea:

I'm not a huge fan of the new forum idea, but if we are going to make factions the OG forums are not a ideal location. We could have these forums here for everything normal, and a separate website for the factions.

That's what I meant. Leave everything here, except setting up the factions. Then we can organize things on that forum, but still have the majority of things happening here

mathwhiz9

Mon May 09, 2016 3:26 pm

• mathwhiz9 wrote:That's what I meant. Leave everything here, except setting up the factions. Then we can organize things on that forum, but still have the majority of things happening here

I say set it up!! PM me if you want some help
    nojo34

Mon May 09, 2016 4:57 pm

• I'm liking the set up factions outside of forums idea, but have all faction events held here.
    So other forum - set up who is faction leader, ideals, hierarchy, etc
    This forum - set up faction wars, games, etc (one idea I have is two clans "adopt" a new player and see if they can get them to stay in the game or join the forums)
    If I recall correctly, mathwhiz9 set up a forum before (and took it down again), so he should probably lead that project, and nojo and I can help him.
    pandasecret

Mon May 09, 2016 6:00 pm

• pandasecret wrote:If I recall correctly, mathwhiz9 set up a forum before (and took it down again), so he should probably lead that project, and nojo and I can help him.

You are correct. I have set up a forum right now, still working on it. Trying to figure out admins and such. I will report back when I do.
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/Subterfuge_Guilds/index/

mathwhiz9

Mon May 09, 2016 6:14 pm

• mathwhiz9 wrote:
    pandasecret wrote:If I recall correctly, mathwhiz9 set up a forum before (and took it down again), so he should probably lead that project, and nojo and I can help him.

You are correct. I have set up a forum right now, still working on it. Trying to figure out admins and such. I will report back when I do.
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/Subterfuge_Guilds/index/

So if we are just going to use a similar program to these forums, why don't one of the mods (I could if we get enough support) ask the devs for a factions section?
    nojo34

Next

Return to Tournaments

Information