Forum Regulars Game No (God Knows What)

For tournament announcements and updates.

• Okay guys, I have been checking around the forums for the last 2 weeks and after some burnouts the whole site seems to have died. And I don't want that to happen. Aside from the ESG Series there hasn't been a Forum Regular game for a long time, and I intend to host a new one in a somewhat desperate attempt to hearten up the forums a bit more.

Participation Requirement: Normally a player should have at least 30-50 posts to enter such a game. However, if slots are left open anyone who checks the forums and replies to this thread can participate.

Player List:

-Niverio
    -Athenos (Mathwhiz9) (*)
    -Nojo34
    -Juanma206
    -Silverberg (*)
    -Pandasecret
    -mm1menace
    -Turnout
    -TheKorfBaller
    -
    -
    Last edited by niverio on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

• Let's do this!

Edit: you really have to advertise that I'm an alt? :x :roll:
    Last edited by athenos on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    With great power... Come the great need to take a nap.
    Wake me up later.
    athenos

• I'll take this as a last goodbye. I join! For old times' sake.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• You know what? Why the hell not. I'll make my resurgence with this game. (Just let me re-download subterfuge)
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• if Juan's in I'm in. I need the opportunity to fight him.
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

• I'm in.

It really has been dead around here. But I think it came from the Noel post about the update.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

• mm1menace wrote:. But I think it came from the Noel post about the update.

Can I ask what post...
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• This one, from this thread.

http://forums.subterfuge-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1654&p=19692#p19692

Noel wrote:For what it's worth, we're not saying we're done with the game.

Right now it's not the primary focus of our efforts. We're still talking about doing a balancing update (with the fewest possible changes). After that, it's possible that we'll do some other updates in the future. We're just making no promises at all.

We also have no plans to shut down the servers any time soon. Right now it costs $80/month, and if the player base goes down, we could probably scale it down to something cheaper. So don't worry about that part.

I think this is the post that really spurred the burnout, as well as killed the forums. Within a week there were three "I quit" posts in Off Topic.

Before this, there was still plenty of optimism that the game would see updates, especially after they asked about implementing a paid tournament option. While I think it is clear that Noel wasn't trying to give this impression, this post really shows that even if they do updates, they will be minimal at best - "with the fewest changes possible." That's unfortunate. I know he was referring to balance specifically, but this game severely needs a few other things: a mute option for players, an invitation system within the game that doesn't require an email/PM/text link, and additional options for gameplay (such as more game modes, faster speeds, and customizable games, like limiting stacks or a mirrored map, etc.). Without periodic changes, no matter how great the game is, it will stale even for the most dedicated players.

I'm not going anywhere, but if they will not advertise to bring in new players, AND they aren't doing anything for player retention, the future doesn't look good.

But I am not trying to highjack this game thread, lol. Sorry.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

• Oh, that post.
    nojo34

• Any idea when we're going to start this?
    With great power... Come the great need to take a nap.
    Wake me up later.
    athenos

Next

Return to Tournaments

Information