INFO ESG 09

For tournament announcements and updates.
Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:42 am

• bleatingsheep39 wrote:. Can I just confirm the merchants do not participate in war?

It would be Hardly fair if they did (so no, to answer your question)
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:50 am

• Ok. In that case, I'm in for that if it runs. If the other one runs, I don't know...

My idea from long ago: Pirate Seas

So at the start, everyone plays as normal WITHOUT mining or eliminating others (it would be a mining game) If they see an intel officer, navigator or pirate in their hires they must hire it. Once everyone has two 'ships' - a ship is a sub with a nav and a pirate - I will send a sub of one driller to one outpost of each player. You then have to send everything you have, drillers, queen and all, on a ship and target a ship. Once you defeat a ship, redirect to a new ship. If there is a stalemate, everyone has to change target. Once there are only 5 ships left, I will pick a centralised outpost. The owner of said outpost disables shields and moves all drillers, and everyone goes there. Whoever finishes with the outpost wins.

Any feedback (good or bad) or questions, please say.

Thanks, Sheep

P.S. In your post, Nojo, you wrote 'war lords can only squire specs through the system below' As there's a typo there, could you change it?
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:38 pm

• Pirate seas sounds pretty intense, although I'm gonna suspect there will be lots of camping and running away.
    Of course, I can see some epic plays here too.
    However, what ensure everyone has 2 "Ships"? Do people, once they gain 2 navs and pirates, have to gift them away? If so, how will they be compensated? Some people will get ships a lot faster than others. And in that time, they can invest sentries, Kings, and Generals which would heavily turn the tide without needing to be on the ship. Also, I suppose this means only one of the 2 ships has the queen, the other is just a combat vessel (or fire ship and load it with a martyr on a suicide mission).
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:28 am

• If we are not gonna play by my idea true winner I will start that now.
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:31 am

• pandasecret wrote:Pirate seas sounds pretty intense, although I'm gonna suspect there will be lots of camping and running away.
    Of course, I can see some epic plays here too.
    However, what ensure everyone has 2 "Ships"? Do people, once they gain 2 navs and pirates, have to gift them away? If so, how will they be compensated? Some people will get ships a lot faster than others. And in that time, they can invest sentries, Kings, and Generals which would heavily turn the tide without needing to be on the ship. Also, I suppose this means only one of the 2 ships has the queen, the other is just a combat vessel (or fire ship and load it with a martyr on a suicide mission).

So everyone hires IOs, Navs and Pirates if possible until they get two ships. They then wait until everyone has that. Also, no targeting outposts, meaning you're always attacking an enemy ship.

And after you get two ships you still have to hire the above specs. There's no rule saying you can't have 3+ ships. You can have as many ships as you like.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:38 pm

• bleatingsheep39 wrote:So everyone hires IOs, Navs and Pirates if possible until they get two ships. They then wait until everyone has that. Also, no targeting outposts, meaning you're always attacking an enemy ship.

And after you get two ships you still have to hire the above specs. There's no rule saying you can't have 3+ ships. You can have as many ships as you like.

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. Cool idea
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Previous

Return to Tournaments

Information