New Game Idea: Quest Subterfuge

For tournament announcements and updates.
Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:37 am

• Do we have to have all our quests completed simultaneously? I also think trades are an extremely valuable part of quest completion. Using diplomacy to make quests easier is in the spirit of the game I feel. Niv can make the final decision is suppose but to me, trading to gain an advantage has always been a part of the game and shouldn't be removed now.

Example: you get the quest, "control the least number of outposts." Naturally to do this you would want to decrease your initial expansion by at least a base or 2. This will slow your momentum for a long time if not the whole game. However, if you can trade away those outposts for some drillers and not be affected as much. It can also apply with the quest, "have six stacked hires," because you could trade drillers or bases for specs so you aren't limited with your specs.

It also helps some quest complement each other such as "control the most/least outposts" complementing each other. The person needing most would be happy to trade away some drillers for precious outposts, and the person needing the least would be more than happy to receive drillers in exchange for his outposts. Obviously don't tell the person you're trading with your quests but to stop trading during this game seems to me like it'd be restrictive for such a creative game.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:19 am

• All of it looks fine, but the have 60 shield, and drain 70 shields quests seem disproportionately hard coma ores to the other ready quests. They should at least be medium.
    This is a medium quest: have a factory produce 8 drillers at each production. That felt pretty easy. All you would need is a foreman or tycoon. Just saying. I don't know how easy/hard you want the designated "easy" quests but it's up to you.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:38 am

• aclonicy wrote:Do we have to have all our quests completed simultaneously? I also think trades are an extremely valuable part of quest completion. Using diplomacy to make quests easier is in the spirit of the game I feel. Niv can make the final decision is suppose but to me, trading to gain an advantage has always been a part of the game and shouldn't be removed now.

Example: you get the quest, "control the least number of outposts." Naturally to do this you would want to decrease your initial expansion by at least a base or 2. This will slow your momentum for a long time if not the whole game. However, if you can trade away those outposts for some drillers and not be affected as much. It can also apply with the quest, "have six stacked hires," because you could trade drillers or bases for specs so you aren't limited with your specs.

It also helps some quest complement each other such as "control the most/least outposts" complementing each other. The person needing most would be happy to trade away some drillers for precious outposts, and the person needing the least would be more than happy to receive drillers in exchange for his outposts. Obviously don't tell the person you're trading with your quests but to stop trading during this game seems to me like it'd be restrictive for such a creative game.

No you can do it one by one aclo, I just need proof via screenshot till I get enough princesses.
    About the trades, I have no problems with it making some quests easier than usual. But completing an expert quest in 5 days shouldn't happen (unless you outplay and eliminate someone).
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:52 am

• I suppose I see what you want. And Sunday works best for me as a start date.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 am

• I can start whenever. Niv, so you aren't playing in the game itself, more of a "God figure"?
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:02 pm

• nojo34 wrote:I can start whenever. Niv, so you aren't playing in the game itself, more of a "God figure"?

I mean,mid Niv wanted to play, I could set up everything and such, just look at a few pics of the mal to make things fair
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:08 pm

• mathwhiz9 wrote:
    nojo34 wrote:I can start whenever. Niv, so you aren't playing in the game itself, more of a "God figure"?

I mean,mid Niv wanted to play, I could set up everything and such, just look at a few pics of the mal to make things fair

I think that would be for the best. Remember how Panda was in the Hide and Seek game, but wasnt playing? I got a little mad becuase i had a border with him, and my target was on the other side of him.
    nojo34

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:30 pm

• nojo34 wrote:
    mathwhiz9 wrote:
    nojo34 wrote:I can start whenever. Niv, so you aren't playing in the game itself, more of a "God figure"?

I think that would be for the best. Remember how Panda was in the Hide and Seek game, but wasnt playing? I got a little mad becuase i had a border with him, and my target was on the other side of him.

That was me not Panda xd
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:10 am

• So, do you want me to set that up or will niverio?
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:28 am

• I will set it up. I love being God xd.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments

Information