Subterfuge: Civil War - Team Cap Wins!

For tournament announcements and updates.

• Icedragon being Civil War Spider-Man makes so much sense:

He doesn't have much experience in battle but Iron Man recruits him because he believes he is a powerful ally (and he needs another person to equal the amount of people Captain America has).

Icedragon literally is Spider-Man!
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

• Icedragon is literally Spider-Man!!!! That's awesome :D

Team Captain America: you'd better show up to the game soon, or else it will become a 5v1 against nojo. And you can bet how that will go.

We're tired of waiting. We long for glorious battle.
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

• As good as Cap is, i cant win a 5v1.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• zyxe wrote:Icedragon being Civil War Spider-Man makes so much sense:

He doesn't have much experience in battle but Iron Man recruits him because he believes he is a powerful ally (and he needs another person to equal the amount of people Captain America has).

Icedragon literally is Spider-Man!

LOL :lol:
    Spider-Man: [while fighting Falcon] You have the right to remain silent!
    icedragon

• Terminator Cpt. Creed II. Subterfuge Deepsea Installation, Insurrection Simulation. Day 8. Assault Phase.

The situation is grim. Techpriest Matthew Ward has fallen to the advances of Chaos. Despite my near impenetrable Indomitus pattern armor and the power of the Grimbark XX Storm Bolter permitting heavy ground presence in the early days, the enemies of the Emperor have begun their counterattack in earnest. The forces under my command report hard contact from all four cardinal directions, and the enemy has been found fielding Obliterator Armor almost as hardy as my own to the east and west.

My Sergeants are begging me to permit an escalation to Siege Phase, so bringing to bear the most terrifying weapons of the Tactical Dreadnought arsenal. At this point in the battle, I fear it may now be the time to oblige them.

I shall require additional meditation at the conclusion of this excercise.
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

• silverberg wrote:Terminator Cpt. Creed II. Subterfuge Deepsea Installation, Insurrection Simulation. Day 8. Assault Phase.

The situation is grim. Techpriest Matthew Ward has fallen to the advances of Chaos. Despite my near impenetrable Indomitus pattern armor and the power of the Grimbark XX Storm Bolter permitting heavy ground presence in the early days, the enemies of the Emperor have begun their counterattack in earnest. The forces under my command report hard contact from all four cardinal directions, and the enemy has been found fielding Obliterator Armor almost as hardy as my own to the east and west.

My Sergeants are begging me to permit an escalation to Siege Phase, so bringing to bear the most terrifying weapons of the Tactical Dreadnought arsenal. At this point in the battle, I fear it may now be the time to oblige them.

I shall require additional meditation at the conclusion of this excercise.

I heard a lot of cool things about Warhammer 40k. Is it difficult to get into casually, or would you say it's more of a dedicated game?
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

• pandasecret wrote:I heard a lot of cool things about Warhammer 40k. Is it difficult to get into casually, or would you say it's more of a dedicated game?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
    basically you read this overview, and if you like what you see, you click on subpages and read about the various factions and units.
    I've read almost all the pages, they're quite humorous. The official rulebooks and Lexicanum are quite dull in comparison, and turn away people who might otherwise have an interest. There's a lot of lore, and the factions play very differently, but at least their videogames are easy to get into
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

• I wanted to play. :cry:
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

• Creed II, Terminator Honors. Subterfuge Deepsea Installation, Insurrection Simulation. Day 12, Extrication Phase

The simulation ended some days ago, in the defeat of my men. Oddly, the self-appointed leader of the Chaos team is unwilling to step down from the simulation, even going so far as to take territory from her own team as to fuel her power trip. I am attempting an emergency extrication, but even that is proving difficult, as one of the booster drives from my Valkyrie Airship has failed, and my order for a replacement has been intercepted by aforementioned Chaos Lord. The Indomitus Armor has been irreparably damaged in the course of this combat, an expensive loss especially for a mere training exercise.

At this moment I am riding my crippled airship with the two men still under my command, wearing a salvaged Scout Armor and wielding a small handgun for defense. I could take down perhaps 10 of the enemy if I tried, which is woefully insufficient compared to the estimated 2600 the enemy numbers, any number of which could be trailing behind my ship's blindingly filthy windows even as I transmit this.

I'm having this sparring partner executed for treason at the earliest opportunity.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

• Congratulations to the winners, Team Captain America!
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments

Information