Sheep 3v3 Tournament

For tournament announcements and updates.

Should we have multiple rounds?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 12

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:18 am

• I am ready
    michielh

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:22 am

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:04 am

• I am sorry to say, but i will not participate in further games.
    I knew beforehand my team will not be strong, i can live with that.

But what makes 3 vs 3 / 2 vs 2 fun for me is the cooperation between the players against each other. In the previous similar games (three) i played this was actually happening.
    Currently i have a teammate who has not given me a single piece of information about his plans or what is happening.
    And the other teammate was not online for 24 hours, logs on, and is offline for another 16 hours and counting.

There is no cooperation at all and i am not looking forward to the next games.
    I do not quit because of losing, i knew beforehand the chances are extremely high we were going to lose.
    I quit because this is not fun. And that is the main goal for this game. This is unlike myself to quit, but i am going to protect myself from another frustrating 2 weeks.

This is not meant as an attack towards my teammates, but apparently you play this game differently than i do.

Anyway, i will finish this game, with less devotion than i normally would. But after that i am done.
    I know this will probably lead to not being able to join any further tournaments because i will be labeled a quiter, and i accept that.

Again sorry, to my teammates as well as the opposing teams.
    michielh

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:35 am

• Sorry. I'm not too active, live with it ok. And you can't drop out midway through the tourney, it's unfair on us.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:45 am

• michielh wrote:I am sorry to say, but i will not participate in further games.

Currently i have a teammate who has not given me a single piece of information about his plans or what is happening.
    And the other teammate was not online for 24 hours, logs on, and is offline for another 16 hours and counting.

Rest in Peace.
    Most team matches generally have conscientious and informative team players. I hope that next time you sign up for a forum match you get placed in the hands of more active teammates.
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:38 pm

• michielh wrote:I am sorry to say, but i will not participate in further games.
    I knew beforehand my team will not be strong, i can live with that.

But what makes 3 vs 3 / 2 vs 2 fun for me is the cooperation between the players against each other. In the previous similar games (three) i played this was actually happening.

I do not quit because of losing, i knew beforehand the chances are extremely high we were going to lose.
    I quit because this is not fun. And that is the main goal for this game. This is unlike myself to quit, but i am going to protect myself from another frustrating 2 weeks.

This is not meant as an attack towards my teammates, but apparently you play this game differently than i do.

Anyway, i will finish this game, with less devotion than i normally would. But after that i am done.
    I know this will probably lead to not being able to join any further tournaments because i will be labeled a quiter, and i accept that.

Again sorry, to my teammates as well as the opposing teams.

We understand your concerns. God knows we have held lots of team matches and not all of them turned out the way we wanted them to be. Please don't hesitate to participate in future games, as we can assure you that even though you found yourself some busy people, the chances that you get more passive people on your team is low on these forums, and I kindly ask that you do not hesitate to participate in future forum games.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:40 am

• bleatingsheep39 wrote:Sorry. I'm not too active, live with it ok. And you can't drop out midway through the tourney, it's unfair on us.

I can, and i will. And i do understand the problem, it is not that i am taking this lightly.

However, i also think it´s "unfair" to me, if you only login once per day (for the 3rd day in a row now).
    It is impossible to win any game or have any form of decent communication and plans when you have to wait 20+ hours for a response.
    That is also letting your team down.

And again, it might not be annoying to other people, but it is to me. I joined a team-tournament thinking i would be part of a team.
    But as this is in my opinion not the case (hell, i talked more to the opposing team than my teammembers), i will not participate in further matches. Live with it, ok.
    michielh

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:18 am

• STOP BLAMING US! WE DID NOTHING WRONG! AT ALL!

You can't just drop out. I mean, I thought that I HAD A TEAM! And guess what? Thanks to you, now I DON'T. It's not fair treatment at all. I have a busy life and can't be online 24/7. The same applies to EVERYONE.

Before walking out on us because we're supposedly a bad team, bear in mind you doing that means me and Whos have no team at all, which is worse. Therefore you are the one to blame, not us. So it should now be us accusing you, not the other way round.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:03 pm

• Sheep I don't think getting mad at Michielh is right. He does have a fair reason to be upset. We all have busy lives but checking in for two minutes is easily possible. I understand that life is busy, fuck I have school, three jobs, swimming, and a whole bunch of other stuff. But he has a reason to be upset. If life is too busy, don't join a team game that could end up impacting the rest of your team. You can't get mad at him for not wanting to play with a team that isn't able to check in all the time. We understand that life is busy, and we don't discredit that from you, but maybe a team game isn't the best idea during busy times. That's all I think
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:08 pm

• Go team!
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments

Information