CvC Logs

For tournament announcements and updates.
Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:35 am

• *Power on*
    *Communications enabled*
    *Now receiving all broadcasts*
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:35 am

• Captain Silverberg, Order 2nd Naval. Leaving port.
    Crew manifest: Radio, Panda, Nautius, Blobby.
    Cargo Manifest: 800 Drillers, 14 Days' rations for each head.
    No stowaways located.
    Opening salvos in targeting cycle.
    Objective: Annihilation.
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:11 pm

• Captain Niverio here.
    Log Day 0.

Time to teach that egoist maniac a lesson. That Silverberg. I carried him through thousands of battles and now he is questioning my authority. Luckily I have loyal comrades by my side, we shall triumph.

I retire to my domain. Back here tomorrow with news from the battlefield.
    Niverio out.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:38 pm

• |static| ~~~~~~~ |static|
    Transmitting
    -so I said to him "put that giant thing away, my aunt is gonna see" - oh, is this thing on?
    Oh ok... uh, let's see, uh, so Log Day Zero
    Private Colts here under the command of Captain Niverio
    I'm one of the new ones on the battlefield, but I volunteered for the position to learn under the command of one of the most fierce captains to ever enter the war.
    I'm eager to start, maybe a bit too eager *cue Film Noir music*
    My squadron has already established communications, and unexpectedly, so have the enemies... they have tried to infiltrate our private communications, but I'm not sure if they are aware that we know they are there. I must say they almost fooled me - almost gave away some attack plans there! Phew, glad I caught that one!
    I don't know if I will survive this war... come to think of it, I'm already to feel the effects of starvation kick in...
    Colts out...
    Is it off?...
    How about now?...
    NIV CAN YOU HELP ME TUR-
    connection lost
    faintly from a faraway place: "NEVERMIND"
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:02 pm

• Khhkht....

General Petty Chief Rear Vice Sub-Admiral Brigadier Commander Radioactivity here. Esquire.

The cold expanse awaits but the warmth of my brothers' bosoms keeps me safe. My heart and my soul belong not to me, but instead to the dear leader Captain Silverberg. Long may he rain....

.....FIRE DOWN UPON THE HEADS OF THE INFIDELS.

NOT A TYPO LOSERS!! YOU JUDGMENTAL GRAMMAR NAZI'S CAN ALL GO STRAI-

Khhkht.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:08 pm

• radioactivity wrote:General Petty Chief Rear Vice Sub-Admiral Brigadier Commander Radioactivity here. Esquire.

Do you have a long enough title, General Petty Chief Rear Vice Sub-Admiral Brigadier Commander Radioactivity?
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:13 pm

• Brigadier General MathWhiz, Day 1 0700

The enemy does not seem to fear.
    At least, not yet.
    But they will.

For some things, that should not have been forgotten, were lost.
    History became legend.
    Legend became myth.
    And for two and a half thousand years, the hibernating bear passed out of all knowledge.
    Until, when chance came, it ensnared a new master...
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:09 am

• nojo34 wrote:
    radioactivity wrote:General Petty Chief Rear Vice Sub-Admiral Brigadier Commander Radioactivity here. Esquire.

Do you have a long enough title, General Petty Chief Rear Vice Sub-Admiral Brigadier Commander Radioactivity?

Esquire.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:12 am

• Dearest,

I write to you from the clutches of war. The enemy sits beneath their starless sky, blindly following their leader. Thankfully dear Captain Silverberg is sure to have a quick witted plan to overtake them. With luck I shall soon be home again, finally leaving the heartless battlefield.

God be with us,
    Lieutenant Ensign First Officer Blobby
    Can you not? Like really, don't.
    blobbydont

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:04 am

• Day 1, 2143 hours. Black Box Entry #2. Acting Commander Silverberg, Order 2nd Naval.

Pvt. Blobby reports hard contact with my former comrade Cpt. Niverio himself. G-d help him. I've requested additional resources be allocated to Blobby, but I don't know the time delay till I can send aid personally. Other comrades report to be in excellent condition. I'll take their word for it. I have ordered my flagship commit to a full broadside upon that of the Traitor's henchman, Colts.

The moon shines brightly as I stand outside, gripping the guardrail as I nurse a small glass of brandy. Even out here I can hear my men belowdecks celebrating with what ration I've allocated them. As much as I'd like to remind them we are at war, I can't help but smile at the prospect of my soldiers enjoying my command. Reports of mutinies here, incompetent command there, and petty rivalries within the chain of command abound, but my men seem to positively enjoy working for me, and we are able to routinely deliver the results required of Navymen. I would give my life for these troopers, and they for me.

But that's enough reflection. If the men don't quiet down, the enemy will eventually find us.

NOTE: My communications officer and one other captain are reporting infiltration to enemy comms, despite my constantly disparaging that as a fruitless attempt. My personal officer reports that Niverio's faction is considering a joint strike with us against "Captain Resign." Perhaps some time long after this rift between us mends, we can commandeer this joint strike. But for now, battle is battle, and this battle is that of one force against another.
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

Next

Return to Tournaments

Information