CvC Logs

For tournament announcements and updates.
Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:43 am

• Day 7 around midnight on the bridge

Amy: We captured the enemy royal line. They are being transported back to custody! The war is over sir! The other commanders have signaled their surrender. Captain Radioactivity was heard shrieking no over the public communication channel sir. We have broken them! Blobby has signaled his withdraw. He will surrender his ill gotten fortunes and retreat to a single base to end all the destruction. Captain Colt is awaiting orders from our leader Niverio on how we should proceed but Niverio is still sleeping along with Captain Math!

Bob: Our only hope is sleeping at a time like this?

Amy: Our leader needs his beauty sleep.

Bzzzt message from Queen Rlin81...

Amy: We got a new message sir. Its from the Queen!

Bob: She must be excited! Display the message on the main screen.

Screen: The queen thanks you for steadfast resolve in fighting the well fed evil that is Blobby. At this time we would like to inform you that your contract with the royal navy was for at minimum 15 days of service. Due to the every termination of this war, commission will not be awarded. Instead please accept this voucher for a buy one fried chicken meal get one fried chicken meal of equal or less value free with purchase of a drink at any Colonel Sanders Chicken Coop within the queen's province.

Bob and Amy: ....
    rlin81

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:22 pm

• “Silverberg: I didn't think it would end this way.

Niverio: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

Sil: What? Niverio? See what?

Niv: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Sil: Well, that isn't so bad.

Niv: No. No, it isn't.”
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 pm

• |static| ~~~~~~~ |static|
    Transmitting
    Just this morning, I made a log. Now, I am glad to say that I make my last.
    It has been a long war, and one that will go down in history. The enemy was cunning, quick, and strong, but our heart and mind won.
    These last few hours have been intense. The Blob to my West sent an enormous last-ditch attempt to overpower me, which was in vain.
    My hired queen hunter was en route to cut off any means of escape for the Captain Silverberg, and I had my forces moving in. I coordinated with my comrade Rlin and the wonderful Captain Niverio to surround him with little to no means of escape, which we did.
    We succeeded. Silver is dead.
    This has been the greatest war of my military experience. I was lucky enough to share it with the comrades I had. I would like to take a moment to especially remember Whos Sayin. His sacrifice was unnecessary, but we won for him. RIP Whos
    I would also like to acknowledge the wonderful leadership of Captain Niverio. His calmness in the heat of war is unparalleled, and his cunning is top-tier. My comrades Math and Rlin were also wonderful to work with, providing great insight, ability, and support.
    War has made us brothers. We are champions of the sea.
    For the last time.
    Colts, out
    connection lost
    |static| ~~~~~~~ |static|
    signal lost
    channel terminated
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:23 pm

• What a war that was! I am so excited that I am not even going to do my normal introduction today. Today, we celebrate. I have given all my comrades a feast today. One finely cooked turkey. Tasted like... Victory.

Comrade Rlin! It was just an honor to fight alongside you during this time of great turmoil. Your wits have kept the morale up of your own men as our whole team, and we wouldn't have done it without you. Therefore you have my thanks, and my respect, alongside with the turkey you just ate.

Comrade MathWhiz! You were our light in places where we didn't have vision and only dark waters ahead us! Your intelligence and insight allowed our men to march courageously to victory! You get a cookie after your turkey!

Comrade ColtsPaesano! You have followed the victory steps just like a fellow veteran! Never did anyone question either your loyalty or your cunning! Nobody could ever match the flexibility you brought to team itself, and only by adaptation we secured our well deserved victory even more! Here is a potato for you!

Comrade Who's! Where are you? Step forward! Oh wait, you died. Nevermind. Here is a prayer for ya.
    There was a man. He died.
    Bye.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:19 pm

• Letter of Surrender
    Warrant Officer Panda

To King Niverio,

The onslaught was immense, and many a good men were lost. How could I, a simple hired officer, face against a mighty king?
    I used tactics drilled into me since the day I entered the academy, yet the overwhelming might and ferocity of your troops took no heed to damage and pressed on and on. I could no longer bear to see the death of my men.
    I hereby give you my saber, a symbol of my surrender. I pray to Poseidon that you may grant me mercy and refuge.

With a heavy heart,
    Mr. Panda
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:08 pm

• Aw man we sucked.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:33 am

• A----g C--mander Silv--b-rg. Bla-----Ttry -5. -a- 7, 1158 -----.

Cre- -----fest: ---
    ---go Ma-----t: ---
    All rou--- -----nded.
    Objective: ---

To- ---w. --o f--king slow. I can s-- ---ther team on the south, g----ng rapidly. They will ---rtake before I can turn the engines. Blackbox damaged by impact. Bay 3 taking on water. -----
    ------------
    --------------------------------
    --------
    G-d help me.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand away from the recording device as it sputters and fails, possibly for the last time. Thankfully, the last tape seems to have finished the recording alright. I snatch the recording tape from the Pager-mount and hook it to the inside of the Black Box. Honestly the thing looks more like a little black ball, four inches radius, maybe a bit dusty. I've never had to bring the thing out of its casing since years and years ago in basic. The final sign that a situation is fucked beyond salvation.

With shaking hands, I close the door as I insert the fifth tape inside its watertight storage, unplug the power cord to lock in the final GPS coordinates, and peel back the plastic chassis holding the Box in place. The ball is heavy to hold - a black-painted steel body designed to sink straight to the ocean floor and protect the memories of its crew. So many faces, experiences, from my ship's christening up to her grisly end. I slowly walk trudge past the remains of the bridge to the main deck, cradling my little ball of memories. A duck and a heave later, the Black Box goes overboard, sinking below the waters instantly. No one will have my legacy destroyed.

I straighten up, scan the horizon through weary eyes, and slowly unholster my service revolver as the enemy ship set to belay me comes into view.

"Come at me, traitor," I snarl at the fast-approaching battleship, revolver in hand. "Make my day."
    Last edited by silverberg on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:57 am

• Day 8 aboard the bridge of the SS Helmsman:

Dave: Sir

Rick: Liet.

Bob: Sir

Rick: Captain

Amy: Sir

Rick: Commander

Rick: Take a seat. The army is no more. The queen has been captured. All assets is being transferred to our closest allies.

Amy: What? But the war is over!

Rick: Rumor has it Ensign Tsing Tao upon his return from his one and only mission found his turkey eaten and that he too was being unpaid. It is rumored that he locked the Queen out when she went out of the base to belittle Silver's last remaining forces demanding Silver's queen release.

Bob: It is amazing we won this war with how fucked up we are.

Dave: I always thought Queen Rlin81 was a pompous bitch.

Amy: Be that as it may what do we do now?

Rick: This sub is to be immediately turned over. We are to vacate.

Dave: I still have those bogo coupons.

As the men depart, Amy takes one last look at the sub and turns off the lights.
    rlin81

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:26 am

• R8 my writing pls
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:52 am

• I r8 it pg13!
    rlin81

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments

Information