Togs random 4v4 tourney

For tournament announcements and updates.
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:36 am

• niverio wrote:Hello everyone,

It seems that Toggy has disappeared for more over 40 days now. So, in the hopes that all the players who have wanted to join in are still here and checking, I decided to host this tourney, since without an active moderator it wouldn't work. If everyone is okay with it, of course. If everyone is okay with it, then I will make the brackets and the game rules dependant of the number of players involved.

Sounds good, I am still in
    mars1537

Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:00 am

• Okay everyone, so here is what I came up with. We are 24 people, so this was really hard to work with, and I sincerely hope that everyone can stay with us the whole time of this tourney, because I have planned it to last quite a few weeks. So here is the plan (I will appreciate feedback on this!)

At the start of the tourney 24 people will be divided into 3 groups of 8. Out of these 3 groups, each will play a match seperately, and they will play a total of 4 games among themselves. This will be done as follows:
    In game 1, players A and B will be team captains.
    In game 2, players C and D will be team captains.
    In game 3, players E and F will be team captains.
    In game 4, players G and H will be team captains.

This is to ensure maximum fairplay among people, as every single 24 person will be team captain once. Since this is a team based game and personal hire choices, eliminations, and Neptunium rates will affect the course of the game, no points will be given to those since it will create unbalance. Instead, the point system will be fairly simple: The winning team's non-eliminated members will get 1 point, the others get 0.

Then, the groups will be swapped and new 8 player groups will be formed (via RNG).

The step above will be repeated, and thus, each player will play 8 games in total. Then, the 8 players who have gotten maximum points (that means, that the players who have the most team wins in 8 games combined.) will play a final round among themselves, with the 2 players with the highest points being the team captains. The winner members of that game will be victorious!

Rules: Mining, with no mines allowed.
    The game will last till one team surrenders, at which point the winning members can mine to close out the game.
    And I want to emphasize one point here: Please, PLEASE try not to eliminate losing team members after they have surrendered, let them live in peace at one outpost till the game ends.

If you like the idea, I will distribute the first round of 8 player groups, and want to start the tourney on August 1st!
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:14 am

• I'm in.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 pm

• Hey Niv,

I just want you to know I appreciate all the work you are putting into this tournament, can't wait to get started!
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:27 am

• Okay, when I counted everyone we are 27 people so far, however, I have found 3 people who just wrote something or were mentioned but didnt say anything at all. So those people are in paranthesis.

Group A:

Niverio
    p34chy
    mglagria
    high commander jay
    mathwhiz9
    the baron of bums
    kipperlis
    wolfforest
    (Toggy?)

RNG decided that kipperlis and high commander jay are the first team captains. I will host the 4 games and send invite links out.

Group B:
    Nojo34
    Bleatingsheep39
    Whos Sayin
    dodo3442
    mars1537
    jayshay4ever
    zedmango
    whitejesus
    (a falling spanner?)

RNG decided that zedmango and Whos Sayin will be the first team captains. I trust Nojo to host the 4 games and send the invite links out.

Group C:
    Blobbydude
    Coltspaesano
    TW2000
    dibididoo
    naso
    umpusten
    seejaay
    mathias29
    (Commander Rebellite?)

RNG decided that umpusten and Coltspaesano were the first team captains. I expect Blobbydude to send the invite links out and host the 4 games.

General rule everyone: Please make the games private and for 9-10 people, and start manually when you reach 8 . This way nobody gets an early advantage when the map is reshuffled.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:44 am

• bleatingsheep39 wrote:I'm in.

Actually, I can't guarantee I'll be around for the entire tourney, as I can no longer play very much (literally once every 24 hours) from the start of Sept, and I get the impression that the games will each last at least 6 days - and 6 x 8 = 48 which is longer than I can really be here. I'll try to play all tourney - me leaving would mess everything up, I'm aware - but towards the end I will be very inactive. I'm sorry about that.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:42 am

• I have sent the invite links for my own team.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:30 pm

• My links have been sent.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm

• I wanted to play D:
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:20 pm

• juanma206 wrote:I wanted to play D:

If my game isnt full, yeah you can join with me
    nojo34

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments

Information