Togs random 4v4 tourney

For tournament announcements and updates.
Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:25 am

• hey guys,
    as many of you know i dissapeared for a while. im finally back amd ready to launch a new tourney,

as always my tourneys are meant for respectful players of all skill types, as long as you mind your manners and dont start world war 3 in the forums over the turnout you are welcome, so the idea is as follows:

basic info:
    8 players per game
    will be mines,
    4 from each game progress.

before the games start i will pull 2 people from each game (assigned using a random number generator for authenticity)
    these 2 will be team captains, and will be in charge of picking their teams for game 1. (who picks first is something you can work out among yourselves, or come to me and i will decide for you, (again with a rng)).

at the end of game one, the team that wins progresses, the losing team is eliminated,
    whoever finishes the game with the most neptunium of the winning team becomes the new "team captain"

at the beggining of subsequent rounds, teams will be repicked by team captains (offering a chance to steal wanted or dangerous tacticians).

the team captain whos PREVIOUS TEAM had the least amount of total nep, gets the choice of either being first or second to pick,

*OR*

they can assign the other players team captain any player of their choice. (if this option is picked the other team must also assign 1 player to opposite team (this can only happen once per game, must be done before first player gets picked, rest of "draft" carries out as usual"

final game:
    the final game will be scored based on the following factors to determine overall positioning.

1 eliminations,
    2 spec captures,
    3 hire stacking,
    (score values to be determined)

breakdown of scoring:
    1 elimination) an elimination is not always easy to achieve, and therefor is worth "x" points, all eliminations occuring by the same player within the same 24 hour window will have a 1.5x(fair?) point boost, so if an elimination is worth 10, the second in a day is 15, 3rd-20

spec captures: if you capture a spec, gain x points,

spec stacking: going a long time without hiring a spec is difficult, which is why the largest number of specs you save to be hired, will be added as bonus points to your score at the end of the game (only applicable once per player, for the largest amount they saved at 1 time through the whole game.)

anyone interested?

im aiming for a 3-4 round tourney, so i need 32-64 players,

remember, above all this is about having fun and learning to work together, (and then after that, if you make it to the end, you get to kill the people who you just learned to work with) :P

whos down?

Tog
    coltspeasaño
    whos sayin
    bloppydude
    niv(needs a phone first)
    sheep(will play before 4-24)
    mathwhiz (will not play durinf july)
    p34chy
    the baron of bums
    nojo(not for next 2 weeks(as of 4-10))
    white jesus
    mglagrla
    dibididoo
    Zedmango
    Wolfforest
    Kipperlis
    Naso

special thanks to those who help spread the word.
    Last edited by toggy on Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
    toggy

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:29 am

• I'm in
    One thing, you won't get 32 players, definitely not 64
    There just aren't enough on the forums right now. But maybe if we spread the word in-game...
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:03 pm

• İm in
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 pm

• my last tourney i expected a game and i got 3, i did a lot of advertising in game, hopefully we can manage 32, spread the word guys! this tourney is the tourney of champs!

also, anybody here have any advice on the scoring? i want to make it fair, so i want the advice of the entrants. im expecting elims will be the number one way to gain points, you dont even have to finish the last game to be placed in first. is this fair? maybe bonus points for medals as well, as staying alive can sometimes be difficult as well, so maybe gold gets +15? silver 10? bronze 5?
    im thinking an elim should be worth 10,
    a spec capture worth 4,
    and highest spec stack gives 1 or 2 points per spec in that stack (by stack i mean save, to clarify)
    toggy

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:58 pm

• also, maybe no drilling in the last game?
    toggy

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:38 am

• I'd like to be in, but I dont know when I will get my phone. If you can achieve 32 without me, start without me.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:45 am

• I'm in.
    I'm highly suspicious of your motivations.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:38 am

• I'm in if it starts and finishes between now and April 24th.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:34 pm

• not likely to even start before the 24th, i do take my time to ensure everyone is happy with the rules, but hopefully that gives niv time to join in
    toggy

Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:42 pm

• I'd play, but I'm gone the entire month of July. Not sure how that factors in...
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Next

Return to Tournaments

Information