New update: Anonymous games and medals

SUBTERFUGE news and announcements

• A new update is out today. Apart from a few bug fixes here and there, we have two exciting new features:

MEDALS - Players can now award medals to other player via an in-app purchase. Honor a steadfast ally? Recognize a worthy foe? Pay tribute to a masterful player? Mark a traitor? There's a medal for that! (Purchasing medals is only available on iOS right now, but it's coming to Android soon).

ANONYMOUS GAMES - Players with L2 Security Clearance can now create games in which all information about players is hidden. We developed this feature with private games among friends in mind, as well as competitive play.

Enjoy!
    Noel
    Site Admin

• WOOOOOOO Another way to support this amazing game! MEDALS FOR EVERYONE! Oh...I'm on Android. Estimated time of arrival of this feature to Android dear sir?
    janitorialduties

• Are the medals anonymous? Or if you award a TOXIC to someone that deaerves it. They can send one right back to you? Also can you opt out of medals? Maybe I dont want people to know im a master tactician and prefer to play like im average
    bimmer28

• What does an anonymous game hide exactly beside the players' names? And more importantly: what does it NOT hide?
    xayide

• The new information on the tiptoe is awesome.
    topkilla

• Thanks for continued work. Not sure if anyone else shares this thought, but it would be cool to have a tally of players that you've eliminated. I imagine it would be private to your account (otherwise it could ruin chances of alliances) but it would be cool to see how many people you've eliminated along with your medals.
    ricklang

• [quote="bimmer28"]Also can you opt out of medals? Maybe I dont want people to know im a master tactician and prefer to play like im average[/quote]
    I second this question as very relevant indeed.
    xayide

• OK, I'll try to answer all the questions:
    - Android: Hopefully soon, but I don't have a firm ETA. Our Android guy is working on it.
    - You get an email saying who purchased a medal for you.
    - You can't opt out of medals that you're given.
    - Anonymous game: We're supposed to hide EVERYTHING about a player: name, rating, friendship... If we missed something, let us know and we'll fix it. The idea is that it's 100% anonymous.
    Noel
    Site Admin

Return to Announcements

Information