updated code of conduct

SUBTERFUGE news and announcements
Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:54 am

• hi everyone,

we've decided to update the code of conduct and make it a lot more explicit than before. it is part of the rulebook (near the bottom) that is accessible from within the game from the main menu. it's also available online: http://play.subterfuge-game.com/docs/Rulebook/. i'm also just pasting it below for convenience:

CODE OF CONDUCT

This is a game where emotions can run high. Despite this, and because of it, we expect everyone to behave respectfully toward their fellow players. We are strict in enforcing the code of conduct and violators will have their accounts canceled without warning or notification. Below is a list of the most common reasons players have their accounts canceled. We are listing them in the hope that making clear what constitutes unacceptable behavior we will make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

• Using derogatory language in chat. Particularly language aimed at race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and nationality.
    • Making real life threats, even if it's supposedly done as a joke.
    • Playing with more than one account in the same game (aka multiboxing). This includes directly or indirectly controlling another player.
    • Gifting too much of your stuff to another player, especially early on. We expect everyone to play the game to the end. It's fine to help your allies, not fine to gift them all your stuff.
    • Going into a game with a pre-made alliance, even if it's just an implicit one. This usually occurs when players join a public game with their real life friends.
    ron

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:21 am

• Ron, this may in fact be my favorite change you've made. Miltibkxing, in all of its glory is now officially illegal. Premade alliances, those ruined ranked games. Thanks Ron!
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Return to Announcements

Information