Thunder's 2v2 tournament

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:15 am

• 2v2 Tournament. Preset teams of 2 will face off in games of 4 players total. Following your suggestions here are the rules i came up with:

RULES:
    16 players - 8 teams
    quarters: 4 games
    semis : 2 games
    final: 1 game.

- Winner team is determined by whoever is left standing at the end of the game, even if it's just 1 player. That player's team will win.
    - NO MINES are allowed in the first 10 days. If you can win the game in 10 days, good. If not, then mines are allowed. If we get reports via these forums that a mine was created before the deadline, that team will be eliminated. We need screenshots to validate such reports.
    - If you bring your own friend and one of you quits before the end of the tournament, your team is disqualified.
    - if you are assigned a team mate and one of you quits, the other one will get to continue with another team mate.

I want to make up the teams so I would like to know your team mate's name so please let me know. I want to get the games started by tomorrow.

EDIT: NEED 1 MORE PLAYER SO WE CAN START ! invites are already rolling in ! join now !
    Last edited by thunder on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.
    thunder

• I'd play
    connor3491

• Me and a friend would probably join
    pmoney

• Yeah, a friend and I are interested.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

• Me too :) nice idea!
    z3stra

• I'd play, but I have no friends.
    civrot

• I've thought about a 2v2 tournament... But I don't know how it would work... I think it would just come down to a 1v1 with one person being aggressive and one person being supportive. And thats no fun.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• Count me in!
    My signature? Well, M҉y҉ s҉i҉g҉n҉a҉t҉u҉r҉e҉ i҉s҉ t҉h҉i҉s҉?҉
    micsup2000

• topkilla wrote:I've thought about a 2v2 tournament... But I don't know how it would work... I think it would just come down to a 1v1 with one person being aggressive and one person being supportive. And thats no fun.

Playing a support role can be exciting too. But i don't really see this being the case, if it was formatted right. If it was just whichever team included the player who got 1st it'd be a problem because that would encourage one player to drill mines for the other and give up all of their territory to help them win faster, but i think we can avoid this if the advancing team is chosen by combined neptunium at the end of the game.
    pmoney

• pmoney wrote:
    topkilla wrote:I've thought about a 2v2 tournament... But I don't know how it would work... I think it would just come down to a 1v1 with one person being aggressive and one person being supportive. And thats no fun.

Playing a support role can be exciting too. But i don't really see this being the case, if it was formatted right. If it was just whichever team included the player who got 1st it'd be a problem because that would encourage one player to drill mines for the other and give up all of their territory to help them win faster, but i think we can avoid this if the advancing team is chosen by combined neptunium at the end of the game.

That could work, but I feel like it would lose that finish line of 200 neptunium. While it would still happen, it wouldn't be much of a race...
    Perhaps it could be based on medals still? And take the average of the two positions of the teammates? That way you can't just take 1st and 4th?
    In essence it's the same things, but 1. It's easier and 2. It's clearer.
    You do kind of lose the accuracy of combined neptunium, though.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Next

Return to General

Information