Battery Usage

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 am

• Looks like you're using the background audio "trick" ? I say that it's keeps muting my other audio app when I start Subterfuge.
    onecut

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:04 am

• It's not supposed to mute other audio. What does it keep muting, the music you're playing on the phone?
    Noel
    Site Admin

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:40 am

• It's muting audio from the Overcast podcast app. And when I bring up the control center to play my podcast back I see "subterfuge" as the the media to play.
    onecut

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:52 am

• czechcongo wrote:Yes, way more than 2x as much WoTB than as Subterfuge. I can try to keep tabs on my estimated overall time spent in each app over the next day and give you the 24 hr usage data tomorrow.

Ok, so I logged estimates of how long I spent in the World of Tanks Blitz app and the Subterfuge app over the past day. Results:

Time in app:
    WOTB: 121 min
    Subterfuge: 87 min
    Ratio: 1.39

Battery usage over 24 hrs:
    WOTB: 42%
    Subterfuge: 26%
    Ratio: 1.62

So WOTB is using more battery than Subterfuge, but not by much, only 10-20% more. Given that while actively playing, WOTB is constantly communicating to the server while also performing pretty heavy graphics work, I'm surprised by how much power Subterfuge is sucking down.
    czechcongo

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 am

• One more question: Those of you with battery draining quickly, are you playing on multiple games at once?

I'm trying to narrow down where the battery drain comes from. I'm guessing network communication rather than graphics, and switching between games will cause a lot more network traffic because we don't cache anything locally. Actually, you'll see something similar if you play other games that kick Subterfuge out of the background completely and you need to launch the app from scratch every time.

We'll address that before launch, don't worry.
    Noel
    Site Admin

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:07 pm

• That might be a good catch.

I do have two games between which I switch often times when on a Subterfuge session.

I also do quite bit of multitasking as well. (Hopping in and out of the game and other apps)

Regarding the muting of the background audio, I did experience it a few times but not always. I tried to reproduce the issue right now but couldn't (maybe a fix in the latest build?)

Good luck tracking the issue!
    luzal

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:29 pm

• Just one game at a time.
    czechcongo

Previous

Return to General

Information