Notifications Consistency

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:40 am

• Hi,

One thing I love about the promise of Subterfuge is you don't have to be reacting to each and every notification you get. However, I find it hard to catch up when you fire up the game after you received a bunch of notifications : where can you find a feed of every thing you've received ? (relying on iOS's Notification Center for this is not an option.)

I found the "Log" button in the Time Machine and thought that was my answer, but it doesn't seem to display every event for which I received a notification, notably "a sub appeared on your radar" (and perhaps a bunch of others I haven't discovered yet). Is there a reason for that?

I also think this "notifications feed" needs more affordance (maybe a second tab in the "Messages" panel), especially when you have a badge next to each game with the number of unseen events in the games list.

What do you think?
    luzal

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:58 am

• luzal wrote:Hi,

One thing I love about the promise of Subterfuge is you don't have to be reacting to each and every notification you get. However, I find it hard to catch up when you fire up the game after you received a bunch of notifications : where can you find a feed of every thing you've received ? (relying on iOS's Notification Center for this is not an option.)

I found the "Log" button in the Time Machine and thought that was my answer, but it doesn't seem to display every event for which I received a notification, notably "a sub appeared on your radar" (and perhaps a bunch of others I haven't discovered yet). Is there a reason for that?

I also think this "notifications feed" needs more affordance (maybe a second tab in the "Messages" panel), especially when you have a badge next to each game with the number of unseen events in the games list.

What do you think?

Agreed. Sometimes I unlock my phone and go right back into the game and miss the notifications because after going into the app the notifications are gone.
    czechcongo

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 am

• Agreed as well.
    FateCreatr

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:45 pm

• yup, that will all be addressed in the new UI (coming to a subterfuge near you very soon). the log button will be its own button in the bottom bar, and it will have a number badge on it to indicate how many "unread" events it has.

the log and the chat buttons will be the only ones with badges, and if you sum those up, you'll get the same number as on the app icon (assuming you're just in one game).

regarding the "sub appeared on your sonar" notification, those aren't ever in the log because of technical issues, but it's on our bug list.
    ron

Return to General

Information