please NERF the king

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:52 am

• whos sayin wrote:The king is not that op. It gets countered by sec cheifs. I think in mining games security cheif stackkers are way worse than king stackers. In my last game i had a king, 2 admirals, tycoon, MOE and a super sentry but still lost to a pufferfish with 2 security cheifs.

That's just not the case, who. Sorry. Kings are way worse than security chiefs. A security chief just adds what 30 drills of a King player adds, and needs to recharge.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:19 pm

• The problem is with stacking.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:07 pm

• Yeah the problem here is that he stacked direct increases, while you did not. He stacked chiefs while you did not stack kings. Stacking kings ignores the debuff the king gives.
    mathsums

Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 pm

• Yeah. People have had ideas for things like dukes, which are good concepts.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:45 am

• can i bring back the negative shield charge discussion, in a different way? wouldnt having two kings be stressful on a guy? i bet if he had to please three masters he would be so stressed he could barely eat, let alone fight.

what if you added a morale factor, that only took place when defending one of the kings lands (any of the stuff you own) (didnt apply to attacking,) and applies at a declining rate as the sub distances from home and gets more towards distant adventures?
    say, every king adds -20 morale, which makes your army 20 drillers weaker, but for every tick you travel away from your outpost (unless headed for your own outpost) you gain .2 morale, so in an hour youll have a -18. in a standard 12 hour travel time youd gain all of that back, and have a full king attack, but if an enemy pirate hit you two hours after launching, youd still have a -16 morale, this making the king defendable, (note: morale would increase by .2 per hour per king owned, so that you could always utilize full attacl while still suffering the negative stacking effect and make the king more defendable.)
    toggy

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:05 am

• I like the idea toggy, but it would make calculating stuff very very harder and new people wouldn't try to learn it.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:54 am

• niverio wrote:I like the idea toggy, but it would make calculating stuff very very harder and new people wouldn't try to learn it.

I agree, the calculating issue makes this idea a bad one unfortunately
    colonelblair

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:09 pm

• fair enough, i never though of that, however it would just be a simple value represented by a number as a negative (direct) application,
    toggy

Previous

Return to General

Information