Competitive Guide

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:08 am

• "One of the best ways to use the Martyr to break a turtle is to send it at a distant ally's base where the lane is within explosion range of the turtle base-- and have your ally send a single drill in the same lane but opposite direction to detonate it. The only way to stop this is with a sacrificial pirate, or to run away." (not quoting because it would be very hard to find in such a long text)

I was giving this thread a re-read for the old times sake, and this thing irritated me as people tend to think if this was true and play accordingly. I have also heard people other than Kevlar talking about this. So let me correct you folks, but the only way to stop this is not with a sacrificial pirate. You can just target the sub with the single drill coming from the opposite direction, and thus denying the Martyr from engaging in combat and also wasting a ton of time of that Martyr.

If the opposite player is smarter and sends multiple subs of 1, just get out a Pirate + Nav to kill them all in quick succession. If you don't have Pirate/Nav (90% of the time , both) as a turtle, you won't live long anyway, because then the offense has tons of ways to kill you.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:58 am

• How do you target the martyr with a single drill (without a pirate) if it was launched to his ally's base and not yours? What Kevlar was saying is that the player with a martyr and his ally basically coordinate an explosion to occur over the turtle...
    strooch

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:02 pm

• strooch wrote:How do you target the martyr with a single drill (without a pirate) if it was launched to his ally's base and not yours? What Kevlar was saying is that the player with a martyr and his ally basically coordinate an explosion to occur over the turtle...

I meant targeting it with a pirate.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:10 pm

• But then you are sacrificing the pirate to kill the martyr, correct?

edit: Never mind, I misread what you said originally. I see what you're saying now: use the pirate+nav to kill the ally's single-drill sub(s) that were sent to intercept the martyr over your base. Good tip!
    strooch

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 pm

• The one surefire way to win is break NAP and tell public chat the other person was the one who did it XD
    jeffisneff

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:20 pm

• You know, there is one more way of using a pirate, gifting it and having one more sub witn 1 driller just behind that gift
    mor1ar t

Previous

Return to General

Information