Feature request - factory production destination

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• Would like to be able to set all production from one factory to automatically go to a specified outpost.

Could have penalty for the convenience, such as cannot be changed more than once every X hours.
    ramifications

• It's not automatic, but you can set that up in the time machine.

In fact, it's pretty easy.

Click the factory
    Click on Jump to Production
    Drag drills to the base

Rinse and repeat.

I see why you might want to way point the production, but in the long run it won't save you much time in management. Things in the game change a lot. I go from having only a few future orders set to having 50-60 depending on the situation. Sometimes you have to scrap them all and start over.

In fact, even if i could way point production like that I don't think I would. You'd have to keep popping in to see if it was still working or if it had been countered.

Added to that, what happens under the new (upcoming? I don't know if they have been implemented yet) rules where resigned players bases continue to output and recharge shields... would the way points stay active?

I could be wrong on this. I'd be narrowly against this feature only because it may not be useful vs the time it takes to develop it.
    FateCreatr

• What he wants is a button to just automatically send whatever's at the outpost at a particular time. If a friend sends you a sub that will be gifted at the last second, you can't tell the time machine to send those drills because they're not yours yet. With the button you could select it and have a sub set to leave one click after the gift/not gift sub's arrival. It would take whatever's there whether the sub is gifted or not.
    czechcongo

• Its a pretty standard feature in all RTS games. I wouldn't use it to attack, I would use it to stage drillers from a distant factory to another of my outposts near my "front" or a central location where I can then decide where they go.

I'm currently producing drillers every 5 hours. That is a lot of Time machine events!
    ramifications

• Yeah I get it.

I'm not sure if I would use it much or not. I'm sure it's on the dev's radar somewhere though.
    FateCreatr

• Sorry about my reply above. It was supposed to go on the other thread about the MAX button. I think I may have crashed the forum earlier....seriously.
    czechcongo

• An example of why it would be useful for me:
    ramifications

Return to General

Information