[ SUBTERFUGE_ELIMINATION_TOURNAMENT ]

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• Update after a week of play:

Game 1:
    1 player eliminated and another down to 1 outpost (a mine). Currently there are 10 mines in the game.

Game 2:
    No eliminations yet and also no mines even though this game started 2 days before game 1.

It's fair to say that whilst game 1 is running to a fairly predictable script, game 2 is going extremely slow with nobody wanting to be overly aggressive or take an early lead in the neptunium race in fear of the attention it will bring.
    Champinoman

• I'm currently in game two.

I would actually say that it's been a quite aggressive game and because of the back and forth nobody can safely commit drillers to mines yet.

edit:

It would be interesting if we could see data on how many total drillers were produced and killed during games.
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

• >> It would be interesting if we could see data on how many total drillers were produced and killed during games.

Yeah, some telemetry would be interesting.
    admiraladama

• It's only taken me over 50 hours to get this here but we had our first result over the weekend!

And I believe the other game isn't too far behind. Stay tuned!
    Champinoman

• And the other game is completed!

So there we have it, we are down to 12 players now.

The players will be divided up into the following format: 1st, 3rd and 5th from Game A and 2nd, 4th and 6th from Game B with form one game. And the alternates into the other.

So we have;

R2G1:
    MrPid
    CzechCongo
    SHARMAN
    Champinoman
    Mick03
    Niva

R2G2:
    ron
    AdmiralAdama
    Rexus
    Braxo
    RickA
    Cuppa81

Links are being sent out as we speak.
    Champinoman

• And because of the game being manually started once 6 players have joined there will be a rough starting time to make sure nobody is caught unaware. The game will be started at the following time:

West Coast U.S. : 1pm
    East Coast U.S. : 4pm
    London: 9pm
    East Coast Australia: 6am

Because this is a manual start this will mean we have an 8 hour countdown into the game start. So no matter where you are in the world you should have plenty of time to get your orders planned.
    Champinoman

• oh, sorry about this, i just started my game about an hour ago.

two more notes:
    1. when starting a game manually there's now an 8 hour delay instead of a 4 hour delay
    2. neptunium goal is back up to 200 (was 150 in last game)
    ron

• Update on Round 2 Game 2:

Two players eliminated.

7 mines built with the current leader four days from 200 neptunium.
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

• Update on Round 2 Game 1:

All 6 players remain.

8 mines built with the current leader six days from 200 neptunium. (player mine count: 2/2/2/1/1/0)
    Champinoman

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information