A list of Suspected Multiboxers

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 pm

• kixneel wrote:
    fatpig10 wrote:
    neverplayingagain wrote:Worse cheaters and manners I've ever had in a game.

If anyone sees these assholes on a server, please jump them with friends.

KiXneeL
    Justinoxxii
    Aakardhar

May also be with prof_porridge, liquos, and Rorik1356.

Why aren't you playing again?

Lol wow this guy is just mad and came on here and reported me? Yes those players we all teamed up and formed an alliance and hes mad.

Attached image of the never playing again guy's chat in question. I assume that it was White Boy. Keep in mind this chat conversation was, as far as I remember, literally the first communication any of us had with him in the game. The game started and, with no provocation or warning, he just started freaking out in the chat.

Of course people will want to take you out if you go all Alex Jones on them dude.
    Attachments
    0_Screenshot_20170512-123525.jpg
    0_Screenshot_20170512-123525.jpg (205.24 KiB) Viewed 9105 times
    liquos

Wed May 17, 2017 8:53 am

• Sorry for lack of updates. I'll update the list tonight and do what I can to bring justice!!
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:25 am

• I refrained from labeling this group of players as multiboxers (or highly coordinated teammates with absolute trust in each other) previously although it was clear that they were, especially after reviewing the replay. Now I see them trying to start another game together. Time to out this group: SweetSassyMolassy, Titanic Cargo, Kaiser_temporal, and Superclix.
    Attachments
    IMG_1518.PNG
    IMG_1518.PNG (255.69 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
    manowar

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:19 am

• There is nothing to out. I am open with anyone that asks or anyone that I feel I have a duty to tell.

We are four friends that play in independent games (some more than others). We also like to play in one game together because it is fun to play with and against people you know. We are not specifically allies or enemies. Nothing preset (except perhaps the natural feelings of wanting revenge in a subsequent game). We rarely all ally with each other. I have been eliminated twice, once by Titanic Cargo. We have all betrayed each other's trust at some point or another because "subterfuge" is a part of the game.

ManOWar, I understand that you were frustrated, and last game may not have been fun for you. And yes, we were all allies last game. We also eventually allied with someone not in our group. While I thought KaiserTemporal was allied with us from the start, it was not clear whether he remained our ally as the game progressed (ultimately he came back). We allied because of our position at the start of the game, which was perfect for an alliance. If you remember, I started the game randomly, so we couldn't have manipulated our positions on the board.

The fact that we were "highly coordinated" is irrelevant and has little to do with our friendship. Having a coordinated alliance is key to winning. Gifting drillers, specials, mines, outposts is part of the game. I am just as coordinated when I ally with AdmiralAdama, Mccool, Mccormdr, Pagsus, Niverio, Dannyb, Panzer, Radioactivity, Ayrm, Psychodelic, etc. In fact, I learned most of the coordination tricks I used in our game (@ManOWar) from these players.

I would ask that you don't take out your frustration publicly simply because we allied in one game against you. By making this post, you have made it far more difficult for us to also have our joint game. That is what you wanted.

I would just ask that others make decisions for themselves. If others want to do a 4 v 4 or 5 v 5 and split up teams randomly, I am cool with that too. Or if you want to get a gang together and fight us, that would also be fun. I just want to play with my friends.
    superclix

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:14 am

• I think it's fair that players know what they're getting involved in when they join your game. I appreciate that you enjoy playing together but clearly this gives you an advantage that the 4 other players in your game will not share.
    manowar

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:02 pm

• I can see where you are both coming from. Playing with friends is very fun for you, but not so much for others.
    @superclix, I think your best option would be to play with your friends in non ranked games, and ranked seems to hold more value for people because they care more in those games
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:24 pm

• We did that for a while, but it was impossible to get through a game without one or two players resigning. Plus the competition was substantially worse.

Coming into a game with "real life" friends is not all that different than coming into a game with friends made within this game. This game encourages creating relationships and utilizing information gained in previous games. That is why, I think, you can write notes about a player, for use in future games. This game also encourages playing with people you previously played with, by allowing you to heart a player and invite them to future public games.

I am certain there are players that have played in the same game as each other numerous times and have developed a subterfuge-rapport that can be similar to the rapport real life friends have in a subterfuge game. There are a few top 100 players I have played with several times now. Even after a game or two, it is much easier for me to strike up an alliance with them than the others I have never played with. No one should have a preset alliance, and "real life" friends or subterfuge-friends have to be more careful, but friends shouldn't be relegated to playing non-rated games because they have a closer relationship than the other players in the game.

@manowars comment: "I think it's fair that players know what they're getting involved in when they join your game."

I don't think proactively disclosing the nature of our relationships is a "fairness" owed to the other players in a game or one contemplated by this game. As I mentioned above, the game encourages inviting "hearted" players. Certainly, there is no obligation to disclose who joined the game as a result of being invited in this manner. There is also no obligation to to disclose which other players you may have played with 10 times before. I did read somewhere (probably on this forum or the dev log), a suggested update to the game to include information on how many times two players played in the same game.
    superclix

Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 pm

• Perhaps you could consider playing with your group in games where you comprise less than 50% of the players in the game. If you do play as half the field, it would seem only fair to announce that it is a 4v4 game.
    manowar

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:07 am

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 pm

• Here are a bunch of multiboxers in the game I'm playing at the moment:

Beige
    Red
    Navy
    Pink

:D

Red, Navy and Pink have all suddenly given up and gifted *everything* to Beige. Fortunately he's not going to win...

Alas, all I can do is vent here about how this stuff ruins the game for me!
    cephus

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information