So, I'm making a Board Game for my Senior Project...

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• This sounds cool. I would like to mention that your title says you're making a board game, but you then said:
    blobbydude wrote:What's cool is that any number can play this game, because there is no board...

This interests me though. Would you just have a handful of bases that you scatter across the table? This would allow for you to play just about anywhere. If you wanted to make a really unique game, have players set the game up on a surface with varied heights (such as a couple stacks of books on a table), and make the varied levels important to certain gameplay mechanics, such as movement or defense.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

• Would you just have a handful of bases that you scatter across the table? This would allow for you to play just about anywhere

Yeah, That's the idea!

Different heights is interesting, it could change the time needed to go from outpost to outpost... Either way, I'm still trying to figure out how to stagger movement between the outposts normally.
    I'm highly suspicious of your motivations.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

• This sounds generally awesome, I would love to play a physical game decently tied to Subterfuge. I like the idea of not having a board and instead, just using pieces.

You could have a system similar to action points in a lot of rpg games that you would "spend" each turn, you could make it to where these points are tied to the amount of outposts owned or have them stay constant representing the time aspect of Subterfuge. Although this kind of sounds like Risk, I would be okay with it because it would be more strategy focused rather than large numbers and dice rolls.

Edit:
    What if each round, the action points are something along the lines of cards or something that each player picks and places face down. The amount of cards could or could not vary as I described earlier with the ap system. After everyone has selected how to use their ap by picking certain cards and placing them down, everyone could flip their cards face up at the same time and things would happen according to what each player chose. This could be used for every action in the game or it could just be used for events like battles or whatever.

I've rambled on too long, I hope you catch my enthusiasm.
    jacob_exe

• Just in case ya'I'll thought I had forgotten about this, here's a quick update on the 3D Models for the game.

It is set in space, so that's why there's a space ship and not a submarine.
    Welcome to Chatt Nooga's Chattanooga Chats with Nooga!
    chattnooga

• chattnooga wrote:It is set in space, so that's why there's a space ship and not a submarine.

You lost me.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

• radioactivity wrote:
    chattnooga wrote:It is set in space, so that's why there's a space ship and not a submarine.

You lost me.

So... it's not subterfuge?
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

• mathwhiz9 wrote:
    radioactivity wrote:
    chattnooga wrote:It is set in space, so that's why there's a space ship and not a submarine.

You lost me.

So... it's not subterfuge?

It must be some kind of movie then? Seriously, no subs? Man that is just, out there.
    radioactivity

• Space ships and submarines are remarkably similar when you think about it...
    Pressurized capsules carrying people through a medium that is unsurvivavle.

I think XKCD did a 'What If' about a submarine in space actually.
    Welcome to Chatt Nooga's Chattanooga Chats with Nooga!
    chattnooga

• Trippy!

In any case - very cool man! Clearly you put a significant amount of effort into this. Well done!

Bangerz was also making a board game - seems to be a theme with people drawn to Subterfuge.
    radioactivity

• nojo34 wrote:
    mathwhiz9 wrote:
    rlin81 wrote:I think subterfuge was based off a board game or something may want to take a look at what inspired subterfuge?

I think it was kinda inspired by Neptunes Pride 2: Triton, but not entirely sure. I know the devs said something about that game once, it's an online game similar to Subterfuge

AND IT ABSOLUTLY SUCKS DONT TRY IT!!

i actually tried playing that yesterday. now i know what you mean .
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information