Bug or hack or wtf ??

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:50 am

• So I create an anonymous game with 10 players, domination. I enter, i ally with a few neighbors and then the shit hit the fan:

1. one of my allies (red) has all his set subs transformed in gifts as soon as they leave the base. WTF ? A day alter another player, olive, claims th same thing happened to him, luckily he logged in in time to cancel it.

2. Navy, one of the players who benefited from getting the gifts from Red, started telling red that he knows he's allied with others in the game, including myself. He called me and one other by name ? How ?

How would he know names/ids if the game is anonymous ? And wtf is up with the gifting subs ? The whole public chat turned into a cry for hackers. I have proof it happened to olive also

Check the screenshots which red shared with me

screen1.jpeg
    screen1.jpeg (93.06 KiB) Viewed 4456 times

screen2.jpeg
    screen2.jpeg (60.3 KiB) Viewed 4456 times
    thunder

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:01 am

• I believe a friend of mine is in that game. By any chance is that a high ranked game? Over 1500 ELO.

Anways, I assume the gifting is a bug, very odd one. Sorry to hear that. If it is the game I'm thinking of, didn't a few players get eliminated because of it and lost a bunch Of ELO?

As for the name knowing, he either joined the game with those players or simply got them to give up their name.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:14 am

• thats.......insane. Like what? ummmmmmmmm..........I mean this could be a super super elaborate trick done by the other players. Like "oh sorry I know I jsut gifted subs to the enemy, but its a glitch" and then some other guy says it happened to just to support their story. I'd be like a group of multi-boxers that have a crazy plan set up. Did you tell anyone your name? if not it'd be hard to call a set-up, but if you did it could be. Have any of these glitchy effects happened to you?

if it's not a ruse, it's an insane glitch that's kind of gaming-breaking. That'd have to be fixed if we could actually get the devs to do it. but yeah, just make sure you consider that some people might be lying, rely on personal experience
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

• 1. the players he named are myself and another one. He couldnt have known I joined that game. And the gift was not a trick. it is a huge bug happening to 2 players. Something is fishy in that game. And no, it's not a high ranked game.
    thunder

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:29 am

• nojo34 wrote:
    As for the name knowing, he either joined the game with those players or simply got them to give up their name.

Impossible, one of the players is me. And at the point in time there was 0 communication between me and the name caller. And the other guy is a guy I know from other games. He knows the names of 2 players who did not give them up.
    thunder

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:33 am

• thunder wrote:
    nojo34 wrote:

Impossible, one of the players is me. And at the point in time there was 0 communication between me and the name caller. And the other guy is a guy I know from other games. He knows the names of 2 players who did not give them up.

Okay... that is very very odd. One question, is this a high ranked game? And did queens get gifted.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:35 am

• nojo34 wrote:Okay... that is very very odd. One question, is this a high ranked game? And did queens get gifted.

Not high ranked, 1200 or so. And no, only subs scheduled were gifted automatically. i.e. Red scheduled his initial movements and when he logged back in all of them left as gifts. Check the screenshot.
    thunder

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:30 pm

• I'm playing an anon game where this happened. Four different players gifted and one was eliminated since it gifted his queen. The gifting glitch hasn't happened for 2 days now.
    fleetadmiralshanley

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:37 am

• fleetadmiralshanley wrote:I'm playing an anon game where this happened. Four different players gifted and one was eliminated since it gifted his queen. The gifting glitch hasn't happened for 2 days now.

Could you give us some screenshots?
    "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die. Come watch TV."
    janitorialduties

Return to General

Information