Changing Your Password

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:32 pm

  • Hello gents and gentle ladies,
    This is JanitorialDuties here for a little PSA.
    We have been getting reports of some reports of strange occurrences that may be the result of account theft and I highly recommend that players change their passwords. In terms of theft and hacks, Subterfuge has been relatively innocent- however I highly recommend that you take steps to avoid the theft of your account if you have L2 or if your serious about ranked game play.

    Changing your password in Subterfuge is incredibly easy, but heres a step by step anyway:
    1 First Open up Subterfuge and select "Account" at the bottom right.
    Image
    2 Secondly Select "Change Password", under "Logout" and above "Main Menu"
    Image
    3 And finally Enter your old password in the top text bar and your new password in the second and third text bars. You may want to write your password down if it is complex until you have signed in and have selected the "remember me" option in both the Forums and your account.
    Image

    Keep in mind that Deviants of Subterfuge are more likely to use Anon mode in games to conceal their account identity, making tracking and reporting them less effective. If you spot anything suspicious please report it to Questions so that a moderator can verify and report it. Thank you for your time.
    "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die. Come watch TV."
    User avatar
    janitorialduties
     
    Posts: 550
    Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:27 pm
    Location: Idaho- USA

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:35 pm

  • I would like to add to this. We have 5. I repeat 5 cases of subs being randomly gifted against the owners will. All in anon game mode. Please, change your password.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    User avatar
    nojo34
     
    Posts: 3064
    Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:22 pm
    Location: Under da sea

Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:52 am

  • But how are they getting the passwords in the first place?

    It could well be that the servers need maintenance, and Ron and Noel aren't maintaining them. Possibly?
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39
     
    Posts: 809
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:11 pm
    Location: In the pasture.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:50 am

  • bleatingsheep39 wrote:But how are they getting the passwords in the first place?
    It could well be that the servers need maintenance, and Ron and Noel aren't maintaining them. Possibly?

    It's just as a generic safety procedure. There could be nothing wrong, but changing your password to keep a better security is always helpful
    We got ourselves an album, boys!
    User avatar
    mathwhiz9
     
    Posts: 3276
    Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:22 pm
    Location: The Great White North

Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:57 am

  • mathwhiz9 wrote:
    bleatingsheep39 wrote:But how are they getting the passwords in the first place?
    It could well be that the servers need maintenance, and Ron and Noel aren't maintaining them. Possibly?

    It's just as a generic safety procedure. There could be nothing wrong, but changing your password to keep a better security is always helpful
    But what Nojo said about lots of accounts being hacked lately.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39
     
    Posts: 809
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:11 pm
    Location: In the pasture.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:11 pm

  • bleatingsheep39 wrote: But what Nojo said about lots of accounts being hacked lately.


    We don't quiet know what the problem is. It could be a hack or it could be a goofy glitch. I'm not saying that changing your password will diminish the risk of this happening to you as we don't know the cause, but its incredibly easy and COULD help. There is no reason not to do it.
    "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die. Come watch TV."
    User avatar
    janitorialduties
     
    Posts: 550
    Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:27 pm
    Location: Idaho- USA

Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:19 pm

  • I do appreciate all the work Janny put into his announcement. From making everything a larger font to changing the color of some of the words. 10/10 would change password again.
    User avatar
    zyxe
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:12 am

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 am

  • janitorialduties wrote:
    bleatingsheep39 wrote: But what Nojo said about lots of accounts being hacked lately.


    We don't quiet know what the problem is. It could be a hack or it could be a goofy glitch. I'm not saying that changing your password will diminish the risk of this happening to you as we don't know the cause, but its incredibly easy and COULD help. There is no reason not to do it.


    That isn't what I'm saying. What I'm saying is this - how are they doing it? I've changed my password already
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39
     
    Posts: 809
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:11 pm
    Location: In the pasture.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:39 pm

  • It could be as simple as hacking the forums. Remember we use the same password.

    I've had the same happen in a game anon. 2 players reported subs being gifted without their consent. One right at the start of the game, other later. Be vigilent and if something like this happens, dont be an asshole, just gift the drillers back so we can play properly.

    Not sure how they know which password and account to connect to in anon mode..but hey.. this 1 guy in my game knows who is who. he called me out by name...so i guess they can see the names also.
    thunder
     
    Posts: 90
    Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:22 am

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:50 am

  • hey everyone,

    we've gotten a couple of reports about this and are looking into it. if this has happened in your game and it's not one of the two listed above, PLEASE EMAIL US DIRECTLY at contact@subterfuge-game.com, because we want to get to the bottom of this.

    the games we know it happened in so far are:
    * Trumps vs Clintons
    * He who farts in church, sits in his own pew

    it's unclear if this is a bug, an exploit, or a hack. if it's an exploit or a hack, i'll pay you $100 if you show me how to do it (and you won't get in trouble and i will keep your identity secret and i will congratulate you on your ingenuity on top of it all!)

    ron
    User avatar
    ron
     
    Posts: 419
    Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:05 am

Next


Return to General




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron