Comrades! We must Unite Against The Red Army!

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• This idea has been mentioned before and while good in theory, it totally destroys the predictablity of subterfuge. Turning off a mine to give your ally more time to gain is nice, but it's not really fair as it would be done on a whim and undermine what the other player had done to beat your ally. Factories is messy because if your sonar shows you're winning your fight because your opponent caps, and then they just turn off some random factory, you could then lose because of it which is pretty dumb
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• aclonicy wrote:This idea has been mentioned before and while good in theory, it totally destroys the predictablity of subterfuge. Turning off a mine to give your ally more time to gain is nice, but it's not really fair as it would be done on a whim and undermine what the other player had done to beat your ally. Factories is messy because if your sonar shows you're winning your fight because your opponent caps, and then they just turn off some random factory, you could then lose because of it which is pretty dumb

Does he not mean during game setup? So a game with no mines or no factories? That's how I interpreted it.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

• Email from Ron

ron wrote:hi Nojo, sorry for the suuuuuuper late reply. i've been behind on email because of the holidays.

so yeah, we've been meaning to do a minor update with just essential stuff and super easy fixes. the main gameplay issue we're hearing about is that the king is overpowered. we suspect this is only an issue in domination games, that tend to be longer and can accumulate a large number of kings. if you (or anyone else from the community) has feedback on that we'd like to hear it.

any other serious gameplay issues you think we should examine for the update?

probably worth mentioning that our intent for this update would be to fix things that are broken or problematic, not add new features.

ron

So yes, it is a balance update, nothing new will be added. I propose we nerf the king and admiral, everything else can stand. We buff the elder (cancel globals), engineer (to repair global effects), infiltrator (30 shields and 1.5X speed), and war hero (25 drills) while leaving the rest unchanged. I know nobody will agree, however in my opinion of 139 games experience, this is the mandatory changes needed. I will send a follow up email to this, including my changes unless i hear well thought out opposition. I dont want to squable over numbers, simply which specs need a change.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• nojo34 wrote:Email from Ron

ron wrote:hi Nojo, sorry for the suuuuuuper late reply. i've been behind on email because of the holidays.

so yeah, we've been meaning to do a minor update with just essential stuff and super easy fixes. the main gameplay issue we're hearing about is that the king is overpowered. we suspect this is only an issue in domination games, that tend to be longer and can accumulate a large number of kings. if you (or anyone else from the community) has feedback on that we'd like to hear it.

any other serious gameplay issues you think we should examine for the update?

probably worth mentioning that our intent for this update would be to fix things that are broken or problematic, not add new features.

ron

So yes, it is a balance update, nothing new will be added. I propose we nerf the king and admiral, everything else can stand. We buff the elder (cancel globals), engineer (to repair global effects), infiltrator (30 shields and 1.5X speed), and war hero (25 drills) while leaving the rest unchanged. I know nobody will agree, however in my opinion of 139 games experience, this is the mandatory changes needed. I will send a follow up email to this, including my changes unless i hear well thought out opposition. I dont want to squable over numbers, simply which specs need a change.

Honestly I agree 100%. I like it nojo, everything else is too expensive or unrealistic. It would be a major update, something that the devs would not do
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

• I think admiral and engi are good as is. If an engi repaired global I'd say it'd be overpowered, even though I think it's not too great now, I'd leave it on the weak end not the strong one. I rarely hire admirals anyway so I don't feel they need to be any weaker.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• What about things like bugs that crash the game? The error message about using multiple devices, even when we aren't, happens a lot. The crash that happens when a chatbox gets spammed sucks, but idk if they can fix that. Bugs like subs that were supposed to send but get cancelled randomly also sucks, especially when an attacking sub arrives in 11 minutes and you need to schedule before it hits 10 (just happened to me, it cancelled and then I couldn't evacuate my outpost :cry: )
    Spec balance updates, like the king, are fine. I think infiltrator and elder need a serious buff (*maybe* thief but not a priority), and I can agree with nojo's admiral and engineer recommendations
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

• aclonicy wrote:I think admiral and engi are good as is. If an engi repaired global I'd say it'd be overpowered, even though I think it's not too great now, I'd leave it on the weak end not the strong one. I rarely hire admirals anyway so I don't feel they need to be any weaker.

Admirals can stay, but the engineer does need an upgrade. She simply is never used
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• That's great news. Means we don't have to continue our crowdsourced funding!

Also means I have to redownload the game.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• I found this by luck... so glad I did.. trying to spread the word,left a review on App Store... definitely needs marketing/pushing better.
    onebigholiday

• Here's an idea for fighting multiboxers. Add another screen to the intelligence reports that shows which players have played with who before, and the number of games they've done this.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information