Comrades! We must Unite Against The Red Army!

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• sonce we are only balancing, id like to leave this up to you guys.

just a few ideas on the balancing side, that i personally would like to see,

nerf the king, idc how you do it. i just want to see it. :)

nojo mentioned the admiral should be nerfed as well,

however!!!! if your boosting the elder, to cancel globals, that already gives you a good defense against the king, assuming you can get that elder in front of the attack....

both nerfing and boosting are dangerous to do in one update, so i reccomend talking to ron, seeing if hed be willing to upload this as two seperate updates, one for nerfing, and maybe a week later apply the buffs to the "bad specs" this may help players adjust as well
    toggy

• Toggy, your two part update is a very good point. Perhaps they would release an alpha build to us forumers to test out? Was that done before?
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• topkilla wrote:Here's an idea for fighting multiboxers. Add another screen to the intelligence reports that shows which players have played with who before, and the number of games they've done this.

That would screw me and nojo lol. We have played 140 games so it is highly likely that we will have someone with whom we played countless times together.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

• niverio wrote:
    topkilla wrote:Here's an idea for fighting multiboxers. Add another screen to the intelligence reports that shows which players have played with who before, and the number of games they've done this.

That would screw me and nojo lol. We have played 140 games so it is highly likely that we will have someone with whom we played countless times together.

Ahh... I wonder what my count would be with math, Aclo and niv.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• bleatingsheep39 wrote:I suggest you link everyone's suggestions, not just your own TK.

I said this before and have received no reply. Only linking your own suggestions is basically greed. Link Niv's suggestions, my suggestions (if you can even find them), even BLOBBY'S SUGGESTIONS! (Nah, maybe not)
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

• Tog brings out a good point, with buffing weaker specs we have to make sure we don't make a new king. I can give an example. Over the summer, z made an undertale card game, it was basically just a fight between eight of the main characters. But you would have to decide whether you would kill or mercy someone. Certain characters had abilities which would do special things. He decide to give papyrus what we're going to call, oblivious, he ignored other cards abilities. That one change made papyrus virtually invincible. He had a charisma stat of 90 which is as high as any stat goes, and since he ignored abilities he could kill or mercy without having to worry about someone else's ability (some abilities activated based on kill or mercy). Papyrus' other stats were pretty bad, but this one change made him insane.

Now we looked at the engineer, if he can repair everything, all you need is 2 and your death sub is invincible, you won't lose unless you make a mistake, miscalculate. A few more and your entire armada is completely unbeatable. Seems like too big of a buff to me, she's not good, but we don't wanna overdo it
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• I still say the engineer needs to repair global damage, otherwise she's basically useless except for really early game. Maybe drop her repair rate to 15 or 20 percent?
    Blobbydude is an idiot.
    blobbydud

• Me and Aclo are sitting next to each other and discussing the engineer so here's what I have to say.

Like Toggy said, don't change too many things at once. The only reason the Engineer is bad late game is because of the king, but if the king gets nerfed enough that it is no longer the dominant strategy - which means only specific playstyles will hire him as opposed to every single person - the engineer becomes viable again.

However, if you nerf the king AND buff the engineer for globals, suddenly the engineer has NO counter. At the moment, generals play a good counter for engineers which I think should stay.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

• bleatingsheep39 wrote:
    bleatingsheep39 wrote:I suggest you link everyone's suggestions, not just your own TK.

I said this before and have received no reply. Only linking your own suggestions is basically greed. Link Niv's suggestions, my suggestions (if you can even find them), even BLOBBY'S SUGGESTIONS! (Nah, maybe not)

Quoting myself. Why is everyone ignoring my point here?
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

• coltspaesano wrote:What about things like bugs that crash the game? The error message about using multiple devices, even when we aren't, happens a lot. The crash that happens when a chatbox gets spammed sucks, but idk if they can fix that. Bugs like subs that were supposed to send but get cancelled randomly also sucks, especially when an attacking sub arrives in 11 minutes and you need to schedule before it hits 10 (just happened to me, it cancelled and then I couldn't evacuate my outpost :cry: )
    Spec balance updates, like the king, are fine. I think infiltrator and elder need a serious buff (*maybe* thief but not a priority), and I can agree with nojo's admiral and engineer recommendations

I really agree with this - I would love to have bugs fixed by this update, specifically a few I mentioned earlier in this thread:

rracer2 wrote:Would this update include bug fixes? The lack of stability is what makes the game become less fun for me - a few examples:
    • Chat starts freezing my phone and crashing the game a few days into a game.
    • Time machine shows legitimate future orders as red.
    • As an L1, ads don't play smoothly - they often fail to play or crash the game the first few times I try to play them (or worse, they finally play and then crash the game right at the end so I've watched the ad but don't get credit for it). I'd easily play them every 2 hours to get unlimited orders but they work so poorly that I avoid even trying unless I really need to schedule a bunch of subs. This happens a lot on my phone and is even worse on my ipad. Other games have in-app ads that work much more smoothly. I get that the easy solution is buy L2 but that's not something I'm in a position to do at the moment.

Overall I want to get these types of issues fixed as constant crashing makes it hard to play and makes me less excited to join a new game when one ends.

I think a balance update is important and am fine with whatever buffs/nerfs are agreed on here but really think bug fixes to keep the game working properly are essential too.
    rracer2

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information