Comrades! We must Unite Against The Red Army!

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• IO also shows you what every outpost is. Maybe just me but that is a very useful feature early in games. But yeah not my first choice most times
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

• I hire at least an IO a game colt. Can't say that about other specs.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• i almost never hire an io,
    im a big fan of the sab gen pirate syn, however if i already have 2 hires worth of sabs, and they come up with an io?
    im hiring the 3rd pair.
    ios usually give me about 1 or 2 extra outposts in view, (if im fighting a war against a single enemy) that i care about.

usually a guess on troops is better then a wasted hire,

yes, wasted hire.

id even take an elder, (i havent hired an elder since game 1) before an io

id take 6 moes over an io xD

id take 24 martyrs and keep 1 at each base and send one on every sub, before hiring an io.

i think i may even gift an enemy alliance an admiral, over hiring an io.

i think i drilled it home,

the searchlight idea might help that a tad, and would be a fun mechanic to toy with
    toggy

• radioactivity wrote:IO also shows you what every outpost is. Maybe just me but that is a very useful feature early in games. But yeah not my first choice most times

Tbh I forgot about that feature.
    nojo34 wrote:I hire at least an IO a game colt. Can't say that about other specs.

Yeah idk maybe it's just me. Like I find value in it, but in very specific situations. I would never hope to get an IO.
    But that wasn't the point of this. We have thought of buffs for most crappy specs (elder cancelling even global effects, infiltrator, war hero...) but nothing about the IO that doesn't have much variability in its skills. I just wanted to put up an idea and get feedback.

For those of you who hire the IO in many games, do you think it would need a buff like this at all? And you guys who don't hire IOs at all, do you think it needs a buff like this, bigger, or smaller?
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

• I wonder how popular an IO would be if if just made everything visible....would that be an auto-hire like a hypno or smuggler?
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

• radioactivity wrote:I wonder how popular an IO would be if if just made everything visible....would that be an auto-hire like a hypno or smuggler?

Totally would be.

The fog of war is massively overlooked on the forums as a gameplay mechanic. I'm not even sure most here know what fog of war is. I think they just think the IO and prIncess make the sentries range bigger.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• topkilla wrote:
    radioactivity wrote:I wonder how popular an IO would be if if just made everything visible....would that be an auto-hire like a hypno or smuggler?

Totally would be.

The fog of war is massively overlooked on the forums as a gameplay mechanic. I'm not even sure most here know what fog of war is. I think they just think the IO and prIncess make the sentries range bigger.

I have two princesses (princessI?) and an IO in a game and damn... that vision is just so so nice. Seeing all but 6 bases is so influential
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• I'm going to take a guess here and say that any update probably won't happen until late this year.

World of goo, and a few other games made by Ron are being ported to the switch.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• topkilla wrote:I'm going to take a guess here and say that any update probably won't happen until late this year.

World of goo, and a few other games made by Ron are being ported to the switch.

Ported to the switch? What does that mean?
    nojo34

• :lol: :lol: :lol: someonedoesn't like Nintendo. It's the next console by Nintendo.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information