Comrades! We must Unite Against The Red Army!

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• Could they circumnavigate apple taking some of the profits if they set up a Patreon? That seems to be the hip way of doing things at the moment. Just put a section in the app that links you to their Patreon page.

Although, that probably would mean it would reach even less people.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

• zyxe wrote:Could they circumnavigate apple taking some of the profits if they set up a Patreon? That seems to be the hip way of doing things at the moment. Just put a section in the app that links you to their Patreon page.

Although, that probably would mean it would reach even less people.

Pretty sure patreon takes some of that too.
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

• I still think that in the long run they would make more using that model than the current plan though. But I have nothing concrete to back that up except a gut feel and my credit card I guess.

If only I knew the fine art of pottery.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

• I am seriously interested in this. But I need the devs to show me they're serious about it too. I want them here discussing what we should be doing and telling what they need, and how we should give. I want to hear from You, devs, I want to help but I want to hear what you think.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• I think it's a good idea, but I feel that a lot of us aren't really able to commit that kind of money to the game monthly. I, for example (and as a common situation on the forums) am a student. I have pretty limited income (even with two jobs) with most of it dedicated towards post-secondary. I definitely won't be asking my parents for a monthly amount of cash, and I wouldn't be able to commit enough to really make a difference. I don't know the percentages of players that can and can't commit to this, so I think that has to be investigated. Good idea though, I hope it can work
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

• radioactivity wrote:I still think that in the long run they would make more using that model than the current plan though. But I have nothing concrete to back that up except a gut feel and my credit card I guess.

If only I knew the fine art of pottery.

True. But our goal is 1 balance update. We're going to be pushing it very close to achieve this goal once. Thankfully, I believe there are enough people who post here who are interested, care, and enjoy the game enough to donate to this one time balance update for the good of us all.

There's just simply not enough players for this to work any other way... I don't see very many people subscribing to a monthly subscription. And even if they do, the odds are very high they will cancel it after the first month.

That said, if we want frequent updates, the only way that happens is if the games a financial successes. As it is now, it's not. The only way this is even a possibility is if it gets ported to another sales channel. Like steam. - Personally, I think it would be a hit on steam. But it could also be a huge flop. You never know. But I'd guess Ron and Noel don't want to take that risk. And there's no chance we could fund that either.

But a few hundred dollars to fund a balance update, I think that's workable.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• AGAIN—get the word out. Right now I am in a game with some pretty reputable folks that have played way more games than I. And when Niv mentioned the potential update in the public chat everyone was clueless. Players are NOT on the forums. We represent a very small percentage of the player base, let's get more people over here discussing and contributing.
    dane69

• In all my games, I've been writing an essay in public about this situation. Hope people check us out.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• Would this update include bug fixes? The lack of stability is what makes the game become less fun for me - a few examples:
    • Chat starts freezing my phone and crashing the game a few days into a game.
    • Time machine shows legitimate future orders as red.
    • As an L1, ads don't play smoothly - they often fail to play or crash the game the first few times I try to play them (or worse, they finally play and then crash the game right at the end so I've watched the ad but don't get credit for it). I'd easily play them every 2 hours to get unlimited orders but they work so poorly that I avoid even trying unless I really need to schedule a bunch of subs. This happens a lot on my phone and is even worse on my ipad. Other games have in-app ads that work much more smoothly. I get that the easy solution is buy L2 but that's not something I'm in a position to do at the moment.
    • Last game predictions for one particular outpost kept showing as if the opponent had two kings but he only had one (sending at any other outpost of his besides that one showed correct predictions with one king). Way less important but it would be great if the devs would fix these types of bugs.

Overall I want to get these types of issues fixed as constant crashing makes it hard to play and makes me less excited to join a new game when one ends.
    rracer2

• Alright, if the devs are serious about this I will promote it. I'm in a game right now with a bunch of L2's and I can publicize it, but I don't want to do anything if you guys aren't serious. Ron or Noel I want to hear your thoughts on this.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information