Comrades! We must Unite Against The Red Army!

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• I was thinking, after reading the early Tournaments in Menace's trophy case, Ron played in some of them. Maybe Ron and Noel could play with us again. That would be fun.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

• blobbydude wrote:Woah, I was literally about to ask the same thing. I was thinking a thread for New Specs, A thread for Current Spec Changes, and one for game mode changes. (Since these seem to be the most requested items so far. That and fixing recording, but I don't think that's controversial.)

Yeah, those are really good. I posted a few more before, I just want this as organized as possible:

coltspaesano wrote:I have a few ideas about an update, but I don't think here is the place to start listing stuff off. If we want to do this properly, we need to make a new section for this. Different threads in that section can have different focuses:
    -Organizing funds
    -How to cut costs and keep it cheap but effective
    -Ideas for the update (really need) (i.e. recording gameplay on iOS)
    -Fun stuff we would appreciate in the update (new specs or promotable)
    -How can we maintain this stuff?
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

• Also, I want to hear from the devs. What are they thinking? What are the limits? How much do they actually want for this update? Any info from those guys would help me make my decision.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• Are we talking about balancing or adding features? Something that would be incredibly useful to everyone is the option to, not control but simulate other player actions like hiw you simulate orders but simulate other player oraders as well so you could see the effect if that player were to order that. For example its hard for me to calculate with kings so if i could simulate another player hiring one and see how much damage he could do, it would help me strategies how to defend from it. I've talked to other players about this and they all agree how useful that would be and i cant count how many times i needed a feature like that.
    "The assassin has overcome my final line of defense, and now he plans to murder me. In the end what separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No, a man chooses, and a slave obeys! "
    marktheshark123

• I pledge $20. Not terribly worried about anything except maybe a slight king nerf. Tycoon and Admiral require you to give up the two best specs you can hire. I don't see them as op whatsoever.

New specs would be fun!!! Though complicated, and would require some serious thought.

Let's do some grass-roots advertising and start telling everyone on our games about this, guys. A vast majority of Subz players are not on the forums. Get the word out!
    dane69

• That's a good point Dane. I rarely get tycoons because smugglers are just too good. The same but maybe a lesser extent with admirals.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• I believe the solution here lies in an IAP and not in a donation. I brought this idea up to Ron in an email this week. (I've been away from the game a while and inactive, apologies) This is still my favorite game on iOS and I'd support it given the right opportunity.

Here's the solution that I believe would keep the devs active and happy with the progress and income.

Objective: Increase residual income to Devs in favor of monthly updates through a properly implemented and mutually beneficial recurring IAP.

Suggested Solution: "Voyager Supporter"

Cost: $10 Monthly

Details: This voyager pack provides users with a cosmetic profile and name adjustment that ornately displays the players that are supporting this game on a regular basis. Being that the monthly contribution is purely cosmetic, it is intended as a visual representation of those of us who love the game enough to support it in such a way. It also allows for the devs to "count" on a certain amount of monthly income based on these supporters. Asking a few of the regulars in game it seems highly likely that the developers could land a few hundred people that are interested in this.

With roughly 4-5000 active players, the devs would only need 5% committed subscribers to really earn $2000-$3000 a month which should cover the cost of a few days of work each month on updates etc.

I'd be willing to chip in toward implementing this goal. However, trying to raise money so the devs make one last update is a bit pointless. It could cause additional problems that we'd then have to raise money for again. The solution must be an ongoing contribution ability to keep the game alive and active. I would donate for Ron and Noel to implement an IAP similar to this as it would give us promise that future updates would come and that the players are in full control of supporting the game each month.
    thestash

• I have to agree wth stash here.

If you told me that I could pay say a 6.99 user/suscriber fee and that would help ensure a dynamic, healthy game and community I would seriously consider it. I like this idea.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

• That's not a bad idea at all. Maybe subscribers get one free medal to give away every two months or something. I would consider this.
    I'm highly suspicious of your motivations.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

• There's only 2 problems with that... they'd only get 70% of that revenue. And way less than 5% would contribute.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information