L2 price has just rised?

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:49 am

• edit//
    it turned out that app store taxes had raised :(

Hi, I'm new here. I started subterfuge a week ago, and I'm really enjoying this amazing game.
    I wanted to immerse myself to it, so I was considering buying the L2 clearance, which was $9.99.

But I just noticed its price has rised $1 up, today.
    Now It makes me hesitate to buy the L2. :(
    I think it's a bit overpriced.

you guys would think it's only $1 !
    However, you know what, it's not. It's not trivial thing especially for mobile games industry.

Frankly, There are more cheap and good games in appstore for someone who doesn't like strategy game like Subterfuge. Even for someone who loves strategy games, buying the others could be better choice if they meets their tastes.
    For example, there are classic masterpieces like Kotor ($10), and even Grim Fandango Remastered only costs $4.99.
    As in my case, I was thinking pick between kotor or subterfuge, but I had to think of my wallet bcuz I'm a poor student. So I decided to play subterfuge more and then choose between the two.

but wait, Wow, The price of the one has just raised, helps me choosing to pick another easily.
    Ta-da, Kotor wins! ... or Grim Fandango?

I know you guys have low budget for maintaining this incredible game, and need more profit from it.
    Though, To compensate the narrow margin to raising its price is really ridiculous to me. I think It's compeletely opposite to logic of the market.
    you guys should think over why steam is always bombing sales to customers all year long. Market of online apps does not have any limitation of supply, only demand matters.

Considering how online market goes, you guys' decision is just like forcing people to love your game more recklessly.
    It's just like
    "We are dying, I know you guys love us, please give us MOAR LOVE!"
    But If you keep saying this to someone lacks love of it, would they stay? NO, they would not.

so my point is,
    why don't you just rollback its price?

My english is poor, sorry for awkward and harsh sentences.
    and I want to say I really appreciate you guys for making good game :)
    Last edited by garlictaker on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
    garlictaker

Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:13 am

• Give me your mailing address and I will send you $1.50 Canadian if you buy L2.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:23 am

• radioactivity wrote:Give me your mailing address and I will send you $1.50 Canadian if you buy L2.

of course, I would buy L2.
    bcuz I actually supposed to buy it today.
    garlictaker

Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:42 am

• I'm just joking around, although a good point is at which price point would the devs maximize their profits. Say they get 100 purchases a month at $10 - what if they got 300 at $5?

Math - we need some b^2 +/- the square root of action here bud.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:55 am

• radioactivity wrote:I'm just joking around, although a good point is at which price point would the devs maximize their profits. Say they get 100 purchases a month at $10 - what if they got 300 at $5?

Math - we need some b^2 +/- the square root of action here bud.

I know you're joking :)
    Now that, I don't know why I wrote the thread so long and harsh.. maybe bcuz I'm on final exam period now (writing tests make me write something way longer)

I just felt some 'oh my' feeling when I saw $9.99 became $10.99.
    you know, it's no big deal actually, but psychological pricing.
    Last edited by garlictaker on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    garlictaker

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:26 am

• You know, I actually think I found this out too. It said $9.99, but I think I ended up paying $13.99. Still an amazing decision though. I think there was some miscommunication between the game and the App Store, or maybe it was because I'm in Canada and I'm guessing Ron and Noel are American. Either way, I had the same problem as you garlic. My suggestion is, just buy it anyway if you really like the game
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:53 am

• Ever heard of tax?
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:42 am

• mathwhiz9 wrote:You know, I actually think I found this out too. It said $9.99, but I think I ended up paying $13.99. Still an amazing decision though. I think there was some miscommunication between the game and the App Store, or maybe it was because I'm in Canada and I'm guessing Ron and Noel are American. Either way, I had the same problem as you garlic. My suggestion is, just buy it anyway if you really like the game

have you bought medals? jeez, $14 :S
    I would buy this game anyway :)

topkilla wrote:Ever heard of tax?

Have taxes raised? :roll:
    garlictaker

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:46 am

• Taxes always raise.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:26 am

• topkilla wrote:Taxes always raise.

god damn you were right.