Is Subterfuge Dying?

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:12 pm

• New player here. Really loving this game and glad I found it. However, I am concerned. When I starting playing a month and a half ago, there were about 5000 players. Now that number is below 4500. Is this a death spiral? Or have the numbers ebbed and flowed? And, if subterfuge is in a death spiral, I guess the next question is, how else can I get my strategy/diplomacy fix? Any other suggested games for fans of this one?

Thanks,
    Splinters
    splinters

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:27 pm

• It's always been fluctuating. At launch it was over 9000, or so I hear. We used to be at 3900 and the jump to 4500 was unexpected, yet welcome. We don't know the status of the devs, but Ron proposed a balance update at the beginning of January with no follow up. We have our ups and downs.

However, stay in here, on the forums and you are guaranteed helpful people, funny płayers, and some fun games!
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:56 pm

• That is interesting. Personally, I started playing over the holidays. Maybe I was not the only one!
    splinters

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:07 am

• The devs have given us a very nice product. Not perfect - can anything be ? - but extremely performant and pretty well-balanced actually. They are not improving the product at the moment, but they certainly keep the servers running.
    So the best thing you can do is enjoy the game and advertise it around you :)

TAKE.Benzedreene
    TAKE a deep breath and...
    benzedreene

Return to General

Information