King global combat bonus no longer stacks

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• aclonicy wrote:Oh, I meant to post this sooner. Me and blob have had a fun time stacking kings in our current game and they still stack so there is no nerf

I think any current playing game won't affect the King's ability, only new game from the update onwards will nerf the King. Just my assumption.
    TRUST is my fundamental strategy to win.
    kevin char

• This will definitely affect the meta. You will probably see hypnotist as a whole get hired less since they no longer have the side ability to transition their usefulness to kings. Although I can agree that this update may be a bit "lazy" I have to admit it is for the best. The king was detrimental to domination games and usually pushed away new players to this game (which was obvious between all the people coming to the forums to complain it needed a nerf).
    Overall, it will be healthy for Subterfuge.

Flavor wise, it makes sense that you shouldn't be able to have more than one king. Although now I almost want one of the spec ideas for hypnotist to promote into something else if you already have a king.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

• I got the same update as Kevin on my Android phone. It didn't affect my ongoing games, so I assume it will kick in on new games. But I haven't started a new one yet so I can't confirm.
    turnout

• zyxe wrote:You will probably see hypnotist as a whole get hired less since they no longer have the side ability to transition their usefulness to kings.[...] Although now I almost want one of the spec ideas for hypnotist to promote into something else if you already have a king.

The hypno's ability is still extremely powerful, especially once players are eliminated and you have loads of specs to capture. Besides, once you pop a 2nd Hypno, it becomes an effective bargaining chip to trade with someone who hasn't popped his first. So no, keep it the same.

zyxe wrote:The king was detrimental to domination games

Yeah well... mining games are the way to go. The additional pressure put by time makes it much more challenging. My 2 cents, of course 8-)

zyxe wrote:Overall, it will be healthy for Subterfuge.

Definitely agreed.

TAKE.Benzedreene
    TAKE a deep breath and...
    benzedreene

• So, does the update affect current games?
    p34chy

• I also have a pending update that states this information. I'm wondering what will happen if I do update. Will I still be able to continue the matches I'm in?
    titanactual

• titanactual wrote:I also have a pending update that states this information. I'm wondering what will happen if I do update. Will I still be able to continue the matches I'm in?

If you update your game, you can still play in games you were in before the update took place. If you don't update, who knows? I know everyone here rushed to hit 'update' as fast as they could.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• You will be able to continue games after you update, if you dont, you will not be able to create games or join games that were made after the update. your current games will not be affected.
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

• I used to feel like this would be a great nerf, many A game was won by stacking the most kings and bludgeoning everybody to death.
    Recently I feel the community's skill level has improved to the point where it no longer really matters, there are plenty of alternative stratergy's and everybody seems to have adapted to the stacking.
    I do, agree that the Local sheild boost should be removed as to offset this stratergy as it is a rather basic and dull stratergy overall and should not be encorouged.

Edit, confirmed... King no longer stacks!
    Last edited by mysticmushroom on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    mysticmushroom

PreviousNext

Return to General

Information