Poll for new Moderator has finished! [April Fools attempt]

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

• Well ladies and gentlemen, as you all know it's been an intense election cycle the past few week as we voted for our newest moderator. The enourmous influx of new players has required us to take up another active bastion of rule keeping. As the impartial Election Commisiner, I just want to say a few words before announcing the winner.

We are a community that prides itself on fairness and open honesty. Despite the fact that Subterfuge is about trickery and fighting, we've always kept the fighting where it should be; in the game. That is, until this poll went up. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that the behavior of our candidates has been absolutely despicable, and a shame on our little community.

Math! How dare you piggyback on Juan's 'Nojo x Math' stories to convince everybody that you and Nojo would somehow work better together. That's not fair, and you know it.

You aren't out of it though Juan! Making fake accounts to inflate the votes? That's not democratic, and it undermines the foundation of authority. And I personally am insulted that you think I wouldn't realize that your hundreds of votes were falsified.

Maximus! I thought I could count on you, with your knowledge of law, to play fair. And yet You mangaged to weasel out of any straight answers, and you went around accusing everybody of breaking the law. Honestly, how can you consider yourself to be impartial with behavior like that?

And Aclo, when you went around making bribes and allowing others to win in exchange for votes, I thought people would see through it. But apparently our players are just as self-interested as you are.

Niverio, you just make me sick. You know what you did, and I refuse to acknowledge you as a legitimate candidate. Bleh.

Silver, we all appreciate your work on the discord, but having lucifer constantly blast propaganda ruined it entirely. And Bread and Circuses is for a celebration of our diverse tastes, not to replay elections ads.

Zyxe, despite your choice not to run, you put out numerous mudslinging threads against all the candidates, and ruined the debate with lies and slander.

Speaking of propaganda, Sheep, you really put a damper on the forums. I counted at least [/i]4600[i] 'Vote Sheep' threads. Nobody can talk with that kind of spam.

Who's, how could you think that demanding real donations would be a good idea? That doesn't help us grow closer, that pushes people away.

And finally, Colts. I think everybody was surprised when you reached out to Ron, but everybody was more surprised when you somehow managed to convince him to campaign for you. (I think we all suspect under the table money.) This isn't a popularity contest.

Really, I had a hard time sorting through the mess to find the true winner. Numerous counts of fraud have prevented me from considering the results as being valid. I instead had to personally consider each candidate and their general popularity and skills. After careful consideration, I think I have made the best decision for the good of the community.

Our newest Moderator is....

ME!

I expect full privileges by tomorrow. Thank you everybody for voting.
    I'm highly suspicious of your motivations.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

• blobbydude wrote:Niverio, you just make me sick. You know what you did, and I refuse to acknowledge you as a legitimate candidate. Bleh.

:(
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

• blobbydude wrote:And finally, Colts. I think everybody was surprised when you reached out to Ron, but everybody was more surprised when you somehow managed to convince him to campaign for you. (I think we all suspect under the table money.) This isn't a popularity contest.

Hey bud, you're just jealous that Ron was so eager to promote me
    I am a top candidate, popularity has nothing to do with it
    Now, whether or not money, threats against his family, favours, or any other sorts of business transactions were involved, that is besides the point
    I don't usually talk about the mob, and so I won't. If you ask further I'll break your legs
    Btw Ron has decided to make me the new mod anyways :D
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

• blobby wrote:Silver, we all appreciate your work on the discord, but having lucifer constantly blast propaganda ruined it entirely. And Bread and Circuses is for a celebration of our diverse tastes, not to replay elections ads.

That's not propaganda. I know propaganda. I can put up the best propaganda, believe me. Nobody will put up better. Lucifer and I, we're gonna make election ads great again.
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

• silverberg wrote:That's not propaganda. I know propaganda. I can put up the best propaganda, believe me. Nobody will put up better. Lucifer and I, we're gonna make election ads great again.

"It's going to be great. It's going to be huuge. Why? Because we are the best. It's true, the bestest. It's fantastical, we are going to change the forums bigly"
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

• blobbydude wrote:Well ladies and gentlemen, as you all know it's been an intense election cycle the past few week as we voted for our newest moderator. The enourmous influx of new players has required us to take up another active bastion of rule keeping. As the impartial Election Commisiner, I just want to say a few words before announcing the winner.

We are a community that prides itself on fairness and open honesty. Despite the fact that Subterfuge is about trickery and fighting, we've always kept the fighting where it should be; in the game. That is, until this poll went up. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that the behavior of our candidates has been absolutely despicable, and a shame on our little community. If you were fair you would make another FFA game for me ;-(

Math! How dare you piggyback on Juan's 'Nojo x Math' stories to convince everybody that you and Nojo would somehow work better together. That's not fair, and you know it. Math, why... even I'm not that stupid.

You aren't out of it though Juan! Making fake accounts to inflate the votes? That's not democratic, and it undermines the foundation of authority. And I personally am insulted that you think I wouldn't realize that your hundreds of votes were falsified.
    Should've done that with fatpig10.

Maximus! I thought I could count on you, with your knowledge of law, to play fair. And yet You mangaged to weasel out of any straight answers, and you went around accusing everybody of breaking the law. Honestly, how can you consider yourself to be impartial with behavior like that?LyR

And Aclo, when you went around making bribes and allowing others to win in exchange for votes, I thought people would see through it. But apparently our players are just as self-interested as you are. I would like it if he did that to meeeeeeeeeee

Niverio, you just make me sick. You know what you did, and I refuse to acknowledge you as a legitimate candidate. Bleh. Yes, he actually played properly

Silver, we all appreciate your work on the discord, but having lucifer constantly blast propaganda ruined it entirely. And Bread and Circuses is for a celebration of our diverse tastes, not to replay elections ads. That's why party ads aren't allowed on TV

Zyxe, despite your choice not to run, you put out numerous mudslinging threads against all the candidates, and ruined the debate with lies and slander. just like me

Speaking of propaganda, Sheep, you really put a damper on the forums. I counted at least [/i]4600[i] 'Vote Sheep' threads. Nobody can talk with that kind of spam. I didn't! I wasn't even on the forums when this happened! Blob, you are such a liar! I say I am made moderator on the grounds I have been accused of doing this by blob!!!!!!!!! (hmmm)

Who's, how could you think that demanding real donations would be a good idea? That doesn't help us grow closer, that pushes people away. Wha...

And finally, Colts. I think everybody was surprised when you reached out to Ron, but everybody was more surprised when you somehow managed to convince him to campaign for you. (I think we all suspect under the table money.) This isn't a popularity contest. Money? But money means balence updates!

Really, I had a hard time sorting through the mess to find the true winner. Numerous counts of fraud have prevented me from considering the results as being valid. I instead had to personally consider each candidate and their general popularity and skills. After careful consideration, I think I have made the best decision for the good of the community.

Our newest Moderator is....

ME!

I expect full privileges by tomorrow. Thank you everybody for voting.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Return to General

Information