How to avoid aggression

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:14 pm

• I just started playing again and general rule of thumb is that the outposts closest to you are yours. The past 4 games I've played since I've been back people don't seem to understand this concept and I always end up getting only 2 additional territories off the draw. Then once they take my starting land I'm instantly less powerful than them and they just plow me into turtleing.

I message all my neighbors asking for Alliances before the game even starts and very few actually reply. How do I avoid people stealing my territory and teaming against me from the start? 4 games in a row is frustrating...
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:24 pm

• Fight fire with fire, wait for them to send their subs to take the outpost, see if you can get there with more drillers compensating shield and production if it is a factory, if you can take it, do it. The main point is to wait for the initial subs at the start of the game to be launched, but don't be too late and be a whole day behind. What I often do is if I see my opponent planning launches before the start of the game, I counter launch 10 minutes in the future so that they can't see my plans if they log on before the start of the game. Factory is essential, especially at the start of the game, so put them on a higher priority than the generators. Moving queen to the edge of your territory isn't too bad of an idea since she provides that 20 shields which you can take advantage of, also specs hired can get straight into action. Also, make a friend within the game and favourite them (heart icon) so that you can be in the same game giving you higher chance of decent alliance.
    Panda is simple. He sees bubbles, he pops them. He doesn't see bubbles he takes naps.
    bluepanda

Return to General

Information