Winning is Losing

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:54 am

• So after 43 sessions of this game I've learned quite a bit about the game, enough at least so I know how to properly spread my drillers to my surrounding outposts so that I can have a good start. Problem is that as soon as the other players see me doing well they all coordinate to attack me at once. It's not like I'm not good at diplomacy either, I can easily make allies and convince them to help me out up until the moment I'm doing slightly better than them. Has anyone else had this happen? It's mostly just when I play ranked games but I have to say this stuff isn't great for my confidence.
    mcderpington

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:07 pm

• its also a skill to appear weak, the information you feed them frames their perception of what is going on in the game (ultimately it comes down to subterfuge), learn to hide your fangs hide your claws
    p34chy

Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:46 pm

• Appearing "weak" may also get you attacked. You want to be non-threatening and certainly not the biggest player at the start. That's where giving up a base or two to other players to buy loyalty may work.
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

Return to General

Information