What determines the rank points

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:28 am

• I see the rank points unevenly distributed among ranks. Sometime 3rd place even doubles the 2nd place player.
    What's is the reason behind? I find it very frustrated that i sometimes end up with small rank points even with gold metal
    baroninthesea

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:53 am

• Hello Baron in the Sea;

The rank points are individually determined for each player to create a more balanced ranking system. It works like this. For every player in the game, the game uses an algorithm to compare you with each player individually, and grants you some points depending on how good that person over you is. For example, if you have a rating of 1400, and in the game there are players with 1200 and 1500 ratings, you will get less points for beating the person with the 1200 rating person than the person with 1500 rating. Likewise, the player with 1500 rating, even while getting + points, won't get much since the game considers that player to be better than the others. So when all these calculations are done, in the end you get a specific number of points rewarded for 1st place, and each lesser ranking comes with a 20 points deficit. Example: 1st place 59 points, 2nd 39, 3rd 19, 4th 0, 5th -20 and so on. In general, if you are the highest rated person in the game, you will get the lowest point for being in first place, while the lowest rated player might get a huge boost.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Wed May 03, 2017 7:11 am

• Niverio explained it.
    If you want more information, search for the "ELO rating system".

TAKE.Benzedreene
    TAKE a deep breath and...
    benzedreene

Return to General

Information