I wonder...

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:52 am

• I was just thinking... what if there was a mining game with two players called A and B. Neither of these players ever gained or lost a single outpost, and they both drilled their first mine at the EXACT same time and their second mine at the EXACT same time. At the end of the game, they both had 1 factory, 2 generators, 2 mines and 200 NP. Who wins?
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:01 am

• Original factories produce drillers at different times. Some are set early, some set late in the cycle. I think whichever players factory produced first would go on top, and then just never come down from first.
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:36 am

• mathwhiz9 wrote:Original factories produce drillers at different times. Some are set early, some set late in the cycle. I think whichever players factory produced first would go on top, and then just never come down from first.

What if you use two generators?

For the record, I think that the player who places first at the start of the game (which seems very random) will win.
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:15 am

• They can not possibly drill 2 mines at the same time, because they internet connection and their home's distance from the Subterfuge servers are both different. One of their mines will be drilled a couple seconds before the other mine.
    thenatural

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:47 pm

• The answer: i'd win.
    Because if there were two players as boring as this, I would attack them.

:D
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:10 am

• thenatural wrote:They can not possibly drill 2 mines at the same time, because they internet connection and their home's distance from the Subterfuge servers are both different. One of their mines will be drilled a couple seconds before the other mine.

I was thinking that until I remember you can schedule things to happen, in which case they'd both schedule to mine at exactly the same time.
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:54 am

• thenatural wrote:They can not possibly drill 2 mines at the same time, because they internet connection and their home's distance from the Subterfuge servers are both different. One of their mines will be drilled a couple seconds before the other mine.

Subterfuge works in ticks of 10 minutes, so as far as the game is concerned 09:50 and 09:59 (e.g) are the exact same time.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:01 am

• No, that's not exactly right. It does work it ticks for the purposes of sub movement and combat, but it still realizes when something happens before another. Que up 2 subs 9 minutes apart and they'll launch at different times
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 am

• mathwhiz9 wrote:Original factories produce drillers at different times. Some are set early, some set late in the cycle. I think whichever players factory produced first would go on top, and then just never come down from first.

While the timers on initial factories are randomized, they are still exactly the same for every player.
    “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    high commander jay

Return to General

Information