Color/Colour Psychology

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related

Based off of experience, which outpost color has a better chance to win?

Pink
7%
Red
20%
Yellow
10%
Olive
7%
Teal
3%
Sky
7%
Navy
27%
Purple
7%
Beige
13%
Brown
No votes

Total votes : 30

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:57 am

• In Subterfuge, there are ten different outpost colors: Pink, Red, Yellow, Olive, Teal, Sky, Navy, Purple, Beige, and Brown.

Color influences humans subconsciously. Certain colors make a person feel a certain way.

So, how does this apply to Subterfuge?

Which outpost color tends to lose?
    Which outpost color tends to win?
    Which outpost color do users tend to fear?
    Which outpost color do users tend to like?
    Which outpost colors tend to align?
    Which outpost colors tend to fight?
    Last edited by centralized on Sun May 27, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "The real trick in highly reliable systems is somehow to achieve simultaneous centralization and decentralization." - Karl Weick
    centralized

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 am

• Orange, not yellow ;)

But this is pretty interesting
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:41 pm

• Very true bro I had this topic in my mind all the way I play subterfuge. I always hoping for red color.Red in most people activate respect or fear. It's color of domination if male wear it and it interact with our female counterpart in passionate way. Man on other side could perceive it as a domination and rivalry in aggressive way but still with hint of respect. I had very good result when I been playing subterfuge under red belt. My attacks was easy with very little counter attacks and mostly I didn't got attacked. It's and aggressive good color which gives you an edge in this game. BTW u know in Spain they lure bull's with that red flag which should make them aggressive the problem is that bull's are color blind. Good joke ahaha
    fox-alpha-one

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:27 am

• From my experience, players tend to be more friendly in diplomacy if you have a bright color (both Blues, Red, Orange) and more hostile towards dark/grey colors (Green, Beige).

Of course this mainly applies to anonymous games, since names and profiles have a much greater influence in my opinion.
    I also think that each player might have individual color associations based on their past games, especially if the color in question is very memorable (bright &/ unique).
    “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    high commander jay

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 pm

• From my eyes, the color Red shows aggression, strength, and control.

High commander jay, you made an interesting point about how a player sees another player's color and associates it from their past games. I find your statement to be true. There's times where I've joined new games and saw a neighboring color and thought of previous experiences.
    Last edited by centralized on Sun May 27, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "The real trick in highly reliable systems is somehow to achieve simultaneous centralization and decentralization." - Karl Weick
    centralized

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:48 am

• centralized wrote:Mathwhiz, it looks Yellow to me. Don't want to start a fight over whether it is Yellow or Orange :lol:
    In anonymous games, what does Subterfuge recognize the Yellow/Orange color as?

:lol: yeah it's orange. I'm just joking with you man, I ain't mad. It's pretty cool acyually
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:20 am

• Hm, interesting. I definetly agree with Red and Navy, but I would feel pretty friendly to Sky; possible becasue my first ever ally was sky.

I think one of the biggest factors is the Name. Capital letters and phrases that make sense always attract me for some reason. OnionMaster3 is more likely to get a pm than dinolag. (Just pulling from a random previous game.)
    I'm highly suspicious of your motivations.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 am

• I attack ...what color are you Mathwhiz? :p
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:02 am

• Gotta attack teal
    He was a fine player :D
    RIP rooz!

(Im alive , just stopped playing !)
    roozbeh

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:50 pm

• I actually try to assume a personality that correlates best with the colour I'm given. If I'm pink/orange/sky, I'll be more outgoing and friendly. If I'm red/olive/navy, I'll take on a more intimidating and mysterious persona and try to ally with darker colours (even alliances are influenced by colours from what I've seen).
    contred

Next

Return to General

Information