Court room(one step before beta)

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:48 pm

• Hello guys

I wanna start something like a court room for shit that happens in the game. There is no exact rule for this and probably things will be decide by some neutral judges which choose wisely based on their understanding and based on the culture of this game.

This is just for your ideas, please give me your feedback.

Ps:my idea:
    obviously court does not have coercion as a power, but when players come here themselves, they should abide whatever court decides.
    He was a fine player :D
    RIP rooz!

(Im alive , just stopped playing !)
    roozbeh

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 am

• Well if this were a reality, who would we choose as judges?
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:45 am

• Well it doesn't need to be one person, maybe a group of 5 people. Plus if one of the judges have a personal interest in the same game should be put out
    RIP rooz!

roozbeh

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 am

• I like this idea a lot. My least favorite part of the game is when things degenerate over a disagreement about what the unspoken rules are, what was agreed to vs not agreed to etc. I realize a lot of times decisions have to made quickly so I'm not sure how practical a forum discussion to determine a ruling would be, but I still think it would nice if it were at least an option to Take it to the Forums, so to speak.
    nannyfeathers

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:54 pm

• nannyfeathers wrote:I like this idea a lot. My least favorite part of the game is when things degenerate over a disagreement about what the unspoken rules are, what was agreed to vs not agreed to etc. I realize a lot of times decisions have to made quickly so I'm not sure how practical a forum discussion to determine a ruling would be, but I still think it would nice if it were at least an option to Take it to the Forums, so to speak.

So the speed of decision making is more important than being totally just. So like both sides give a paragraph on how they see the matter and that's it. We hope that we can resolve any issue in less than 12 hours.
    No screenshots are allowed either(my idea)
    RIP rooz!

roozbeh

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:59 pm

• nannyfeathers wrote:I like this idea a lot. My least favorite part of the game is when things degenerate over a disagreement about what the unspoken rules are, what was agreed to vs not agreed to etc. I realize a lot of times decisions have to made quickly so I'm not sure how practical a forum discussion to determine a ruling would be, but I still think it would nice if it were at least an option to Take it to the Forums, so to speak.

Oh this is you Nanny, yep I got the idea from our little disagreement.
    I believe the forum court needs to act and decide things based on unspoken rules and seeing which interpretation of agreement is more logical. Obviously we can't make rules here. I'm just trying to have some rules for the court process nothing more
    RIP rooz!

roozbeh

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:23 pm

• I vote all Nivs dealings to be legally fair though monopolistic and anti competitive where he follows the rules but not necessarily the friendly spirit especially when beating on noobs. I vote all Rooz dealings to be too competitive where his actions are justified but in the end its just a game... no need to be that ruthless.
    rlin81

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:02 pm

• rlin81 wrote:I vote all Nivs dealings to be legally fair though monopolistic and anti competitive where he follows the rules but not necessarily the friendly spirit especially when beating on noobs. I vote all Rooz dealings to be too competitive where his actions are justified but in the end its just a game... no need to be that ruthless.

Well we got one judge, who's next? :P
    RIP rooz!

roozbeh

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:31 am

• I think developing some sort of ‘community constitution’ would be really fun, even if it wasn’t the end all be all of subterfuge Arguments. I’ll link this thread in the discord and see if we can get some more people to join in.
    Blobbydude is an idiot.
    blobbydud

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 am

• rlin81 wrote:I vote all Nivs dealings to be legally fair though monopolistic and anti competitive where he follows the rules but not necessarily the friendly spirit especially when beating on noobs. I vote all Rooz dealings to be too competitive where his actions are justified but in the end its just a game... no need to be that ruthless.

Even though I didn't understand half of it, I lol'ed.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Next

Return to General

Information