"broadcasting" a game of subterfuge

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:53 am

• hi folks,

we want to "broadcast" a game of subterfuge as it unfolds, from multiple perspectives. anyone interested in helping us out by participating?

i alluded to this in a previous post (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342&p=1443#p1443) and now we're ready to make it happen. the main thing that has changed between then and now is the ability to record commentary videos in-game. so here's how this will work:

1. at the end of each game day, each player will record a short video commentary video telling the audience what happened in the last 24 hours from their own perspective.
    2. you will upload the video to youtube, and send me a link to it
    3. i will aggregate all the links and each day i will post them on our blog and spread them through social media

it will obviously be an honor system based game, where the players vow not to look at each other's videos until the game is over.

if you would like to play, please email me (roncarmel at gmail). we'll start the game as soon as we have enough players. oh, and iOS9 is required for this feature, so make sure you're up to date.

fun times!
    ron

• oh, and if you want to see an example of a commentary video, you can check out the one i made here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prf6AEhB_c0

it's an entire game in one go, so it's longer than the daily updates would be.
    ron

• edit: I'm an idiot and re-read your first post again. You're doing the 24-blocks of video.

Would it be essentially recording a 24 hour block at a time and released daily (I don't have a blog or anything but can publish to YouTube). Or, would the game finish then we all record our game?

I prefer the 24 hour block one. I started to record a current game I'm in to detail my decision making and how they change when new information presents itself.
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

• yup, 24 hour blocks, figured it'd be more exciting that way :)
    ron

• If only I can update my iPhone 4 to iOS 9... :(
    Hi
    myqpalzm

Return to General

Information