Chat

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:09 pm

• The problem I have is that as I'm writing messages to other players I forget the name of the outpost or I forget a username that I want to reference. I hit back - taking me to the main chat page - and then I can hit the chat icon to reveal the map again. After looking at the names I go back into chat, select the recipient, and have to re-type my entire message (and sometimes forget the outpost name again).

So far, my solution to this is to write most of my message, select all, and then copy. Check the place name, back to chat and paste.

I'm not sure what the solution is. Maybe always have the chat icon available to hide that window and bring it back with my text preserved without having to hit back?

Is this unique to me or do others have this name memory issue?
    Duck Hunter

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 am

• I've had the same issue and done the same thing to resolve. I have also looked it up on another device.

maybe the chat window could be translucent and you could scroll around the back ground (+pinch and zoom)? leave the right side of the screen to scroll the chat window?
    FateCreatr

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 am

• yeah, that's terrible UI, and it'll be completely replaced soon. with the new UI the comm panel won't take up 100% of the screen, so you'll still be able to see the map.

more than that, tapping an outpost will add its name to the message you are currently typing, so you'll never need to type outpost names ever again :D
    ron

Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:38 pm

• I would like to see another feature in chat. A lot of talk is ABOUT other players. I also forget the names sometimes and then I refer to that player's color. But wouldn't it be neat if you can click a players color in the top of the chat window so the player name gets inserted (in the appropiate color) in the chat window?
    Jules

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:18 am

• cool idea, jules, i added it to our list.
    ron

Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:19 am

• I'm still in my first game, so I'm keeping notes for feedback purposes, but if the chat UI is being changed that eliminates three of my problems that related to that. Two other chat-based suggestions:
    1) It would be helpful, especially in public chat, if the background colour of each message was the player's colour (or faded pastel version) as sometimes it's quite hard to see the pattern of the conversation. I think this would help in two way chat as well - in the age of iMessages and WhatsApp it's more intuitive to be able to see the two sides of the chat separated by colour.

2) It would also be helpful if there was some "other player is typing" icon in chat, if that's technically feasible, as it's sometimes hard to know whether you should be waiting for a reply that's being typed before typing another message.
    tfjo

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:44 pm

• new comm panel is coming very soon, we're painfully aware of how crappy the current one is, so just hang on a little while longer, ladies and gentlemen!
    ron

Return to General

Information