Feature Request: Grid

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:42 am

• Even with the base names, since there isn't any hyperlinking (yet?) it might be nice to overlay a numbered/lettered grid over the field when the chat window is up so it's easier to reference locations on the map in conversation.
    FateCreatr

Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:06 pm

• FateCreatr wrote:Even with the base names, since there isn't any hyperlinking (yet?) it might be nice to overlay a numbered/lettered grid over the field when the chat window is up so it's easier to reference locations on the map in conversation.

And eliminate the game of hunting for random outposts during early game discussions? The worst is when you are hunting for a few minutes and you realise they were referring to one of your starting outposts :P

Seriously though, maybe an easy solution is to have the outposts listed alphabetically/systematically until the hyperlinking is implemented. Would make the hunt easier and wouldn't require a grid.
    Champinoman

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:36 pm

• First world problems when playing in a game with Champinoman.

"Its the outpost next to Champino."

"..."

"No, not the player, the actual outpost."
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:52 am

• Same problem I have with the outpost "Fate." I look and look for it... just to see how it's doing.
    FateCreatr

Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:25 pm

• An expansion / sidenote to this is whole-map visibility. The forever-scrolling map is beautiful, but can sometimes be disorienting if you're looking for a Big Picture view of whats happening around you. I'm not positive what I want this feature to do, but in short I'd like to pinch to zoom out and have it STICK like that so I can look around.
    I compile the UpPeriscope data series.
    here's a BBcode guide if you need it.
    dred

Return to General

Information