Players sitting at ship cap

Strategy, feedback, or anything SUBTERFUGE-related
Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:10 am

• I'm noticing a lot of players spending a lot of time at the ship cap, thereby forfeiting ships they'd otherwise get. Given getting ships to the front line can take 24+ hours and I usually have to get rid of around half my ships each day to avoid hitting the cap this is rather difficult in addition to maintaining or expanding borders.

I really like the idea of everyone moving ships since it gives the game a more dynamic feel in addition to letting people react to moving ships is far easier then everyone sitting on their hands. I'd like to get everyone's opinion since I think this problem could be relieved with slightly faster ships (risky) or a higher ship cap (may delay the problem instead of fixing it). This could also be to new players being unsure of what to do and so stagnate due to inexperience.

How is everyone avoiding hitting the ship cap? Is it a problem? How should it be fixed?
    rask vann

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:14 am

• My favorite maps are the ones with few generators. People seem more aggressive and less likely to sit back and mine.
    Bigredsk10

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:43 am

• I hardly ever sit at the driller cap. Only time I do is when the game is nearly over or some other strange circumstance. Hitting the cap to me meant a lack of planning. I'll often fast forward to see when I will hit it if nothing else changes and then I make adjustments to make sure I never hit it. Be it: hiring a tinker, grabbing another generator or just attacking/gifting subs. It comes with experience. I don't foresee any need to change game mechanics to suit.
    thestash

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 am

• I agree with thestash.

Think the cap is pretty spot on as it is.

I always try and plan to avoid hitting the cap. This even includes launching attacks to use up subs.
    stitch29

Return to General

Information