temp. Saw sonar of dormant outpost I was planning to take

Found any bugs? Tell us!

• Sorry, I have no idea how to reproduce this (and that's probably for the best) but today, I was looking through the time machine because I alway like to see where my others subs are when a sub lands.
    I tapped the time machine by accident (and I think I moved the scrubber) and by reflex, I closed the time machine :(.

Anyway, during that small split second, I saw theough the sonar of a dormant outpost I was taking in the future. What I mean is that the fog of war was cleared like I had captured the outpost, although I had not yet currently.

I feel very guilty now because I was able to see three subs coming out of an enemy outpost :(

Tl;dr: accidentally saw what the dormant outpost was able to see even though I hadn't captured it yet; saw three enemy subs :( feel guilty
    Always remember that you're special. Just like everyone else.
    IGN: kcnkcn

If your assassin assassinates another assassin, how will that assassin assassinate her assassination victims?
    kcnkcn

• yes this has happened to me too i find i can reproduce it through sheer luck and volume if i open and close time machine after about 30 times i will get a different future or a glimpse
    bimmer28

• YES! someone actually has the same problem as me. I managed to take a screenshot while I was scrolling back and forth in the time machine. You can see it at http://forums.subterfuge-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1204
    And although it looks like the time is NOW, it most definitely isn't. I was definitely using the time machine and at the time I was definite NOT 10 minutes away from capturing Naija.

My situation was that if I scrolled back fast enough in the time machine, there would be just a split second where I could see the sonar of the outpost on the frame of the 10min interval just before I took the outpost. This is a bug for 2 reasons. 1. I don't actually even own the outpost, so I shouldn't be able to see it. and 2. I'm using the time machine, so even if I did own it, I still shouldn't be able to see it. I managed (somehow) to scroll back fast enough and stop accurately enough for that to be permanent, where I took a screenshot of it.
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

• It appears this is a known bug as I've also had it occur to me once before. IDK what the technical reason is though. Perhaps the time machine plays the game locally and accidentally gave away the fog of war by being multi-tasked?
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Return to Bug reports

Information