Doesn't work through proxy

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:31 pm

• This isn't a bug report per se, but I cannot run the game through a proxy server, presumably because it is blocking either one or more ports, or one or more domains.

I haven't found anywhere the details of the ports and domains the game uses, so would appreciate if this could be provided so that I can whitelist them in the proxy.
    jet86

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:50 am

• Having the same problem. I'm on a Southwest flight and am getting a network error using their paid wifi. Game messages are getting pushed to me but that's it.
    eggfu

Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:44 am

• Weird. It actually just uses port 80 and 443, so it *should* look like browser traffic to any proxy. I'll look into it.

Are you on Android or iOS?
    Noel
    Site Admin

Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:57 pm

• Noel wrote:Weird. It actually just uses port 80 and 443, so it *should* look like browser traffic to any proxy. I'll look into it.

Are you on Android or iOS?

I'm on iOS. It may well not be an issue with the ports (80 and 443 are allowed), but that one or more of the domains are being blocked. I tried to run the game through an intermediate proxy that I can view the logs for to see what domains it was hitting, but couldn't work it out.
    jet86

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:11 pm

• It's hitting play.subterfuge-game.com. I can't imagine it's a problem with the access to the domain.

I suspect it might be something like the proxy is doing some HTTP-level forwarding and maybe the curl code isn't handling that correctly.
    Noel
    Site Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:49 pm

• Yeah I've whitelisted play.subterfuge-game.com (and *.subterfage-game.com just in case) but it still has the same issue. Oh well, I'll just have to not play it on this network for now ;)
    jet86

Return to Bug reports

Information